Weird video requests from my viewers...I need advice...

ASMRher

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

I've started making some ASMR videos about 3 weeks ago.

One day a commenter joked about I should tape my mouth while making ASMR no talking videos(I usually do a whisper intro), and I thought it was funny so I made a video taping my mouth.

That video did well, but now I'm getting all these other ppl asking for more videos with my mouth taped. Not a big deal, I actually like how this tape thing might differentiate me from other ASMR channels.

BUT, lately I've got 2 people asking me to duct tape myself and struggle myself out of the duct tapes plus some other weird things....nothing over the line, but weird to me.

I'm not sure if I should take those requests.

My youtube analytics is saying I've been getting views from the keyword: duct tape challenge, I looked up and it doesn't seem too weird, it seems people laugh at it for fun.

Does anybody know anything about Duct tape challenge and why ppl enjoy that?
Did anyone else gets weird request on their channel?

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Don't do anything that you're uncomfortable with existing forever. If you really don't want people to see you struggle out of duct tape, than don't do it. Your feelings should come before your analytics every single time.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Perhaps even if you do not realize, you are playing roles, secretary, vampire, mama (bedtime reader) etc.

Nothing wrong, you offer entertainment. Just take care not to attract weirdos. Gagged goes with bound.

(check viewer's age range and sex).

:)

Reactions: ASMRher

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the ASMR genre; there are some weird sub niches. Some are aimed at 'perverts' and those channels blow up quick but quickly get banned/demonetised.

I can understand you must be tempted making more; considering the duct tape videos are your most viewed. I would suggest to only take requests that you are comfortable with.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are 18+, it might not be an issue but it is understood that you could be making content that could be deemed as not safe for advertisers.

I would definitely steer clear of any content that gives the impression that minors/kids are involved.

Reactions: Crown and ASMRher

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
BUT, lately I've got 2 people asking me to duct tape myself and struggle myself out of the duct tapes plus some other weird things....nothing over the line, but weird to me.
My first reaction on reading this was "That sounds like someone's fetish, probably a male fetish. Like a bondage / domination type thing."

I then clicked through to your channel to see if you are male or female. Yep, you're a female and I think my theory above is what is going on. Those requests are from creepy men asking you to fulfil their sexual fantasies. That's probably not what you want the theme of your channel to be. Apart from the fact that Youtube will probably consider the content to be inappropriate, you should also be aware of the potential danger you are putting yourself in. Be very careful.