We Finally Made It... to the Big Leagues...

To make money for zero work and zero investment. And even if they don't monetize, they use the video to drive views to their channel and to their other videos which are monetized.

I know that but still. It's pretty retarded to do it and low as hell.

This happens a lot unfortunately. It's good you have a watermark on your videos. It makes claims simpler.

What's really really annoying is when the thief reuploads the stolen content and puts it under the "Creative Commons" license. Your copyrighted content then appears in the public domain search and that's when the floodgates open.[DOUBLEPOST=1477073449][/DOUBLEPOST]

To make money for zero work and zero investment. And even if they don't monetize, they use the video to drive views to their channel and to their other videos which are monetized.

How do they put it under a "Creative Commons" license? Is there a central repository where this is managed?

I believe a watermark is the way to go as well. Personally, I'm currently working on watermarking all my future videos with a brand CTA as well as a new logo I'm working on. I've had viewers kind enough to link me to people that blatantly stole my video and pass it as their own simply by cutting out the intro and outro. I even felt bad for a fitness instructor who supposedly payed someone on fiverr for a video only to get a rip of mine. Money makes people do some very shady things.

How do they put it under a "Creative Commons" license?

By selecting Creative Commons in the advanced settings when they reupload it.

Is there a central repository where this is managed?

The central repository is Youtube itself and people can filter search by license type.

Example:
1) Do a search for "Toy reviews"
2) Click on filter. Under ‘Features’ select Creative Commons.

Obviously it's up to people to do their due diligence to make sure that those results really are CC, but of course many people don't do that due diligence. That's when things quickly get out of control.

I've had both happen more than once to me, though I wouldn't consider my channel in the same league as yours.

Some channels that were mainly doing "G Major" videos have adopted my "Horror Version" label. What's funny is that "G Major" was reasonably popular long before I got involved, and mine is just a variation of it. I've had people re-upload my videos, sometimes crediting me, sometimes just copying my entire description into theirs.

I've had channels worried that their favorite videos of mine would get taken down and upload them to their channel to archive it, explaining that in their description.

When my channel was terminated for 3 days, at least 4 channels made videos showing their upset reaction to it. When I got it restored, one made a video showing their reaction to that.

YouTube's a funny place.

Last edited:
That's a hilarious name, obviously plenty of effort was put into asfa asf lol. Congrats on getting to that point, next up is getting turned into Memes

Fatser the Dragster who is a pretty decent size channel who does videos with How Wheels monster trucks just did a video about this the other week as he found out someone was reposting his stuff. It's crazy and I hope YouTube has a way to combat it.

After I posted this thread, another great YouTuber RaceGrooves just put out a video today about this subject and even used Faster The Dragster as an example. Offered some tips on his video as well.

Last edited:
Back