WARNING: Scam Email

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So real, so majestic, so typos, so fancy... Nope, direct Spam IMO, no checking for me at all... What scammers think, that we are stupid, what the (duck) ?!?

P.S.: Typo in last word was for skipping bad words list

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Scam Mails thread?
So far I have inherited 10 million dollars from a Nigerian relative, but someone else wants to claim the money, and I'm also wanted b the FBI for money laundering because there was a big sum of money that I'm related to and I didn't reply to the email in time.

I like to screenshot them, here they are:
Check out 419eater.com for a laugh. Replying to those scammers as if you believe them and then convincing them to do hilarious things in order to get you to send over your money (like posing for silly pictures etc) can make for some comedy gold.

As for phishing emails like the one in the first post. Right click -> view source and you can find out where the email really came from. Mousing over the link will also usually show you the real link, but often they'll buy very misleading domains just to make the link appear correct on first glance, like say a site uses "services.somewebsitegoeshere.com" as their verification URL start, someone else will just register servicessomewebsitegoeshere.com and you might not notice the difference.

Don't click the link just to find out since while most phishing emails are just carbon copies of a site's login page to try to get you to login on their fake site and hand over your details, some of them simply direct to drive-by download pages for their viruses that use whichever latest browser exploit is available to get past your security and immediately install a virus.

If you ever get such an email and it appears to be genuine and you feel like you really do need to login, then manually navigate to the website itself, i.e. if you get one from YouTube, don't click the link, just go to YouTube.com and login - usually if something needs verifying on your account on a website, it'll tell you when you login on the real site. If in need of further information, contact the website/company directly via support (NOT by replying to the email, since that'll just go straight to the scammer if it's not legit) and ask them if they sent the email. :)

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ho
Check out 419eater.com for a laugh. Replying to those scammers as if you believe them and then convincing them to do hilarious things in order to get you to send over your money (like posing for silly pictures etc) can make for some comedy gold.
Holy cow, that's a goldmine!

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know guys, I really don't want to lose my Amazon account :giggle:

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Scam emails can sometimes be very hard to detect... x_x Glancing at the email address is a quick way to see many scams, but sometimes it's hard to quickly detect slight character differences. I once got an email that appeared to be from my bank (it was one character off in the email address, but it was hard to notice from a quick glance). It looked legit, just like all of the other emails I get from my bank. They had attached a PDF summary of information, just like always, only it said [insert_bank_stuff].pdf.exe. I was lucky I had file extensions turned on, otherwise I'd have clicked and ran an executable virus file! O_O Apparently the virus goes through and corrupts all files on your computer... =S

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Its obvious its a scam email, their grammar and English is terrible, i mean fair enough if it was a legit person who is still learning English, but at the end of that email it says you won't be able to access any amazon services, the two websites are not even connected, you would have to be really stupid to fall for this haha

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the heads up, I think I got this exact email around this time last year!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I didn't get that e-mail, but it is always smart to notify and put it out there. Everyone can have a lapse in judgement, in fact, that is what those people are praying for. Thanks for sharing!

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From what I've observed, most regular non internet contributing people (the bulk of the population) seem to get very little spam mail compared to YT and web page uploaders.

Once your email address is published, it's open season on your mail account. It was bad when I just had web pages/sites, but once I did YT it went to a whole new level.

I get at least 5 -10 scam emails every day. Hotmail weeds out about 80% of them - it's quite good at it.

The scammers do try hard, and are always coming up with new ideas. Some stuff looks pretty legit.

But they do seem to like using uppercase to try and strike terror into your hearts - which deflates their effort somewhat.

It's all quite amusing.