Vlogging Camera

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm looking for a vlogging camera and was wondering if you have any good suggestions. I currently use my gopro hero 5 and iphone 7. Problem is that I don't get great sound. These are my requirements:

1. Portable and not giagantic
2. Reversable screen
3. dslr
4. take amazing pictures and videos
5. Not too expensive
6. good field of view
7. Able to add lenses
8. good sound

Let me know what your ideas are.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Well I have two recommendations from what my friends and I use as far as DSLR cameras goes.

1. Canon Rebel T7i. Price range: $600-900 depending if you get a pack or not. Great camera. Shoots in HD and takes amazing pictures. Not too expensive either.
2. Sony A7sII. Price range: $2400 - $2800. Most vloggers I follow use these types of camera. They shoot amazing videos and even take very high quality pictures.

Just make sure you research both and go for a DSLR camera that fits your needs and is within your budget. But those two are my recommendations at the moment. Best of luck! =]

Justin In

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It seems like you have a good kit so far with the iphone and gopro.
Ive been looking into the Canon 77D as my next buy, as it has amazing auto focus and front facing mic.

Just a reminder, Black Friday sales are out! so make sure to check out the various sites and stores.

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well I have two recommendations from what my friends and I use as far as DSLR cameras goes.

1. Canon Rebel T7i. Price range: $600-900 depending if you get a pack or not. Great camera. Shoots in HD and takes amazing pictures. Not too expensive either.
2. Sony A7sII. Price range: $2400 - $2800. Most vloggers I follow use these types of camera. They shoot amazing videos and even take very high quality pictures.

Just make sure you research both and go for a DSLR camera that fits your needs and is within your budget. But those two are my recommendations at the moment. Best of luck! =]

I bought the Sony DSC W500 couple months ago and I think I regret it... I cannot take one decent photo with it. No matter what lighting I use... soft boxes... ring light... the photo don't come out good! Is this why you are recommending DSLR camera? I'll admit I have no clue what I'm doing but considering I just spent several hundreds of dollars for lighting yet still cannot take a decent photo is disappointing! =( Photo are not crisp nor have that professional look to them at all which is making it a nightmare for me to be able to make nice thumbnails.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I bought the Sony DSC W500 couple months ago and I think I regret it... I cannot take one decent photo with it. No matter what lighting I use... soft boxes... ring light... the photo don't come out good! Is this why you are recommending DSLR camera? I'll admit I have no clue what I'm doing but considering I just spent several hundreds of dollars for lighting yet still cannot take a decent photo is disappointing! =( Photo are not crisp nor have that professional look to them at all which is making it a nightmare for me to be able to make nice thumbnails.
I took a look at the camera you have the "Sony DSC W500" and I admit that those would be difficult to take really good photos with. Those are more point and shoot cameras with more options but just don't have the power that High end DSLR cameras do have. =\ Tried helping someone at a wedding I was shooting once with a camera similar and it could only do so much. If I were you I'd try selling it and buying a much more powerful camera with it. :O! Within budget of course to get the results that you are looking for.

@Adventure Campitelli asked for a DSLR type of camera for vlogging and I gave two of my highest recommendations. Both cameras I've seen take good quality video and photos if used correctly. DSLR cameras really are best for photos with the right brand and model of course.

If you message me I'll provide links to sites with all the specifications of both cameras for further details. Hope that helps. =]

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I took a look at the camera you have the "Sony DSC W500" and I admit that those would be difficult to take really good photos with. Those are more point and shoot cameras with more options but just don't have the power that High end DSLR cameras do have. =\ Tried helping someone at a wedding I was shooting once with a camera similar and it could only do so much. If I were you I'd try selling it and buying a much more powerful camera with it. :O! Within budget of course to get the results that you are looking for.

@Adventure Campitelli asked for a DSLR type of camera for vlogging and I gave two of my highest recommendations. Both cameras I've seen take good quality video and photos if used correctly. DSLR cameras really are best for photos with the right brand and model of course.

If you message me I'll provide links to sites with all the specifications of both cameras for further details. Hope that helps. =]
Awesome thanks!

Poorna

Reaction score
I am using a Sony A6000 camera for my traveling videos. It is lightweight and easy to carry out. To get the sound, you will require a separate mic though.

Reactions: Farley Productions

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Personally; and I say this from experience. in built mics are often very hit and miss in terms of quality. if I was going to reccommend anything I would say invest in a H1 Zoom. its a microphone that can hot shoe mount onto most DSLR's and the sound qualitie's amazing for the price. I'd invest in a 550d, 650d or 750d, a H1 zoom and I'd learn the joys of 2k upscaling xD it'll cost a pretty penny but your quality will definately improve...and its relatively futureproof (as long as your not that bothered about 4k Preservation)

Reaction score
I cover just this on my website. Since I can't promote it directly, you'll have to click on my profile to the left and find the link there. But there are 10 great choices offered there all with reviews.