Vlogger with no life

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I love the idea of vlogging. However right now I pretty much work and do YouTube with a few exceptions of doing the everyday mundane things like shopping and meeting up with friends ect. But I feel like unless I have something to do my vlogs are lifeless. I wanna spice them up or make them better but I’m clueless as to how. What do you guys watch and look for in vlogs?

Reactions: HC.SameerPatil

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don´t usually watch vlogs, as I mostly watch commentaries or travel videos. But it´s nice to watch an energetic person, with not a lot of pauses (which I don´t do, but that´s just me as a person). It also depends on the topic itself, if the topic interests me, then I will watch it!

Danica Christin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like it when vlogs tell the "story" that person has over a longer period of time. Two examples of vloggers I follow:

1) New Zealand girl lives in the UK, moves back home, gets engaged, buys a house and is now renovating that house and planning for her wedding

2) Canadian girl whose dream is to live in Italy, she went there on a 1 year work & travel visa but now has to go back to Canada and try and find a way to move to Italy permanently

I almost exclusively follow travel/living abroad related people but it could be something else in a different niche for different people in your case. Think about the overarching "story" that you have to tell. How has your life changed in the last 2 years? How is it going to change in the next 2 years. Document that journey.

Reactions: Amber lynx

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I almost exclusively follow travel/living abroad related people
Same, they actually inspired me to move abroad as well :)

But I feel like unless I have something to do my vlogs are lifeless.
I feel you, I had this problem when I lived back home. Now that I moved to England I feel like my life is much more interesting to watch and share. You might want to find a different style of vlogging that will work for you. So not the typical morning till evening 'this was my day' vlog, but vlogs about things that you encounter or make you think or you have an opinion about. Try writing down things that happen to you and you might find that you can actually make little stories about these events.

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Same, they actually inspired me to move abroad as well :)

I feel you, I had this problem when I lived back home. Now that I moved to England I feel like my life is much more interesting to watch and share. You might want to find a different style of vlogging that will work for you. So not the typical morning till evening 'this was my day' vlog, but vlogs about things that you encounter or make you think or you have an opinion about. Try writing down things that happen to you and you might find that you can actually make little stories about these events.
Okay great thanks for the advice[DOUBLEPOST=1511050408,1511050231][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like it when vlogs tell the "story" that person has over a longer period of time. Two examples of vloggers I follow:

1) New Zealand girl lives in the UK, moves back home, gets engaged, buys a house and is now renovating that house and planning for her wedding

2) Canadian girl whose dream is to live in Italy, she went there on a 1 year work & travel visa but now has to go back to Canada and try and find a way to move to Italy permanently

I almost exclusively follow travel/living abroad related people but it could be something else in a different niche for different people in your case. Think about the overarching "story" that you have to tell. How has your life changed in the last 2 years? How is it going to change in the next 2 years. Document that journey.
Okay I like that right now my bf and I are saving an Apartment and a car while working on the license part too. It’s just working on things like that aren’t going to be exciting every week ya know? You think there is something I could do to fill the holes?

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Heya :) I am a vlogger and I have like no sort of social life outside of going to work. Like, zero. I moved last year for work and because of my anxiety I have yet to make any friends. So there's that. My best advise is to spend a few days on YouTube searching for YouTubers you like that make videos similar to the ones you hope to make. Once you find popular YouTubers, search for more lesser known YouTubers from them and then look at all of the channels you've found and find the similarities. And then make your own content based on what you like and put your own spin on it :)

Lots of my videos are story times of past events, random iPhone apps I have found dumb or pretty much anything I can do in a one-man show.. hah :)

No life no problem, you got this.

HC.SameerPatil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love the idea of vlogging. However right now I pretty much work and do YouTube with a few exceptions of doing the everyday mundane things like shopping and meeting up with friends ect. But I feel like unless I have something to do my vlogs are lifeless. I wanna spice them up or make them better but I’m clueless as to how. What do you guys watch and look for in vlogs?
Hey Amber I get what you mean about adding meaning to your vlogs I feel the same way about my vlogs too. I usually like to tell what I'm doing that day in a very story like way just like Casey Neistat does with his vlogs. You basically just see him either working in his office, running in the city or cruising around on his boosted board. I had a look at your channel and damn you got story telling in you. With your vlogs just tell us your story. Hope that helps :)

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey Amber I get what you mean about adding meaning to your vlogs I feel the same way about my vlogs too. I usually like to tell what I'm doing that day in a very story like way just like Casey Neistat does with his vlogs. You basically just see him either working in his office, running in the city or cruising around on his boosted board. I had a look at your channel and damn you got story telling in you. With your vlogs just tell us your story. Hope that helps :)
Thanks I just edited a vlog that i think I did but unfortunately all the footage is gone so next weekend I will try at the attempted and I appreciate if you let me know if I hit the nail in the head or not. Thanks much appreciated