xandru8

I Love YTtalk
This question is very important to me because no one really has a concrete answer. The question is:
Before making a video or a script or a sketch, where do you look for inspiration, or ideeas better sed, what do you do to get ideeas relevant to what´s "trending" recently ?
I mean if its just a walk in the park and start rambling about rudimentary things.
You take a gander at other websites to see what is trending there or you collaborate with other people and make a collective ideea bag ?
Or just sit on the couch and throw some ice cream to the wall and depending on the form of the splatter you make a sentimental video a sketch or just react to some gameplay ?

Last edited:
For myself I think am self motivated so I end up looking back on my past experiences and making videos from them. I also get inspiration when I start a conversation with a friend since it helps get my brain going for that day if I get into a discussion with anyone really. My mind wanders a lot so I keep a notepad with me all times now and jot down things that come to mind otherwise I'd forget about it.

For myself I think am self motivated so I end up looking back on my past experiences and making videos from them. I also get inspiration when I start a conversation with a friend since it helps get my brain going for that day if I get into a discussion with anyone really. My mind wanders a lot so I keep a notepad with me all times now and jot down things that come to mind otherwise I'd forget about it.
the notepad ideea i heard it a lot and I am using one as well but the thing is, how do you know which of the ideeas will be good for a video ?

the notepad ideea i heard it a lot and I am using one as well but the thing is, how do you know which of the ideeas will be good for a video ?
You have to just start expanding on an idea, figure out the structure of the commentary using that topic that you thought of. I don't think there is a good way to know if your idea is going do well or be good for a video, the only way to figure out if it is a good video is to ask for feedback when you upload it and to see how well the video does compared to others (i.e check viewer retention) and then you will start to see the pattern you should keep at to keep viewers entertained. To my mind if I think it is a cool video and that I have put effort into it so that my commentary isn't all over the place I take that as good content. As long as thought and work has gone into creating it I generally get good feedback on those videos. The ones I don't spend much time on don't always do well and it shows on my views and viewer retention.

I play a couple of hours and whatever pisses me off I make a video about it. Or I try to make helpful videos for the games I play.

I play a couple of hours and whatever pisses me off I make a video about it. Or I try to make helpful videos for the games I play.
hmm ... a cluster of ideeas of a certain topic then connect them to prove a purpose .... is that what you mean ? AWESOME I´L DO IT

Because of the types of videos I make, most of the structure and theme is pretty much there already. I don't try to chase after trends, which is probably why my channel will always be a smaller channel. I find that's okay, because I do this much more as a hobby than anything else, and it's tons of fun.

I may not be the best to give advice right now because I'm not what you call YouTube famous, but the way I come up with videos is basically just thinking about possible videos and formulating an idea. It's probably not the most effective method, but it's kind of care-free I guess. If you need to get thoughts flowing, I wonder if brainstorming activities are good, though I don't have one for you at the moment

Back