Owen Tonks

Reaction score
I have a question...

YouTube suggests using a strategy involving three types of videos for channels:

Help content - evergreen, searchable content that informs people

Hub content - regularly created content designed around viewers' interests

Hero content - content that may appeal to a broad audience, such as videos about holiday times etc

Starting off a channel involves coming up with a good base of help content.

How do you come up with inspiration for HELP videos that are likely to perform well for high volume search keywords?

Last edited:

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
How do you come up with inspiration for HELP videos that are likely to perform well for high volume search keywords?
I stick to 2 categories for my "help" type videos: Men's long haircare and cooking. The haircare is easy, because I can look up whatever questions people are asking about hair and just post those (sometimes my guesses at what's going on hit better than others) and the cooking is limited to 3 ingredients, so I'm a little bit hamstrung, but I'm getting better at having videos viewed more often. Anything vegan tends to do better than other options, probably because it's still a little tough to find good vegan recipes.

Reactions: Owen Tonks

Owen Tonks

Reaction score
I stick to 2 categories for my "help" type videos: Men's long haircare and cooking. The haircare is easy, because I can look up whatever questions people are asking about hair and just post those (sometimes my guesses at what's going on hit better than others) and the cooking is limited to 3 ingredients, so I'm a little bit hamstrung, but I'm getting better at having videos viewed more often. Anything vegan tends to do better than other options, probably because it's still a little tough to find good vegan recipes.
Thanks! The thing I'm finding tough, and I'm probably overthinking it, is thinking of a good video idea for what I want my channel to be about, often based on something I see on Pinterest etc, and then finding out the right keyword and picking the right questions as, although those questions are being asked in search autocomplete, I don't know how many people are asking them.