Video for Youtube from recording to publishing

Ahmad Safdari

Reaction score
Website
www.kabulcreed.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello!

I'm new to recording for youtube and I created a channel that want to put my game play there.
But the problems are:
- I don't know exactly which software is best for recording.
- I don't know how to produce a video at least 45 mins with affordable resolution (720p or 1080p) and low size for uploading.

I searched the internet and youtube for those problems and used obs, camtasia, bandicam and handbrake for rendering and producing videos with low size but they all produce videos more than 1 GB. is it normal?

How can I produce with low size and good resolution?
Which software should I use?

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Try Gameshow it can do the easy parts of live stream and its easy to understand. Handbreak does lower the file size unless you modify it which would do things you did not want. To fix that uninstall it and reinstall it but never touch any buttons you do not understand.

Pro tip do not record 4K HD 60FPS, the best you should get for videos is 720p with 60fps unless its gaming you should aim for 720p with 30fps if game is 30fps unless it is action game which would be 60fps.

Ahmad Safdari

Reaction score
Website
www.kabulcreed.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Try Gameshow it can do the easy parts of live stream and its easy to understand. Handbreak does lower the file size unless you modify it which would do things you did not want. To fix that uninstall it and reinstall it but never touch any buttons you do not understand.

Pro tip do not record 4K HD 60FPS, the best you should get for videos is 720p with 60fps unless its gaming you should aim for 720p with 30fps if game is 30fps unless it is action game which would be 60fps.
Thank you for your answer!

When I record a game, its size became more than 2GB for 1 hour. Is it normal?

Stephanharz

Reaction score
Ahmad, when making a video the size is based on the pixel density [720p, 1080 or 2.5k or 4k ect] by the frame rate [amount of slides recorded for smooth video...can be used to do a slow-mo affect] the bitrate [lower rate = poor video higher rate = high quality video]

Now if you record in 4k but have a low bitrate of lets say 2.5mbps the video will look like 480p [old tv on bunny ears...] because of the pixel density but that bitrate will work fine for 480p. So when recording you have to match bitrate with pixel density and frame rate for the best video. When you match 720p or 1080p it SHOULD be a few gigs in size and if its not then it has been compressed beyond use and the video will suffer greatly.

Now for recording record/render [or alot higher]
1080p at 60frames lowest would be 10mbps to 15mbps
720p at 60frames lowest would be 4mpbs to maybe 9mbps

now when I record 4k video [3840 x 2160] I record at 80mbps/60mbps my render settings are at 80mpbs since thats the highest bitrate my camera can do. My video files can easily be 30 to 70gigs after compression [h.264]

Now...if I totally lost you...your videos should be around 8.6 gigs @ 1080p25 = 8 Mbps... in size for proper look on the video..