Video claimed FOR NO REASON!!

AuthorFilms Studios

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
CD Baby is back at it again, with the claims and strikes. So, I uploaded a video today (scheduled for tomorrow at 8PM) that had the song "Joakim Karud - Love Mode" in it. As some of you may be aware, ALL his songs are licensed with Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 (Royalty Free with attribution). So I put in the description The song name, artist and link to the song on Soudcloud. Should be fine, I followed all the rules. But no, of course. CD Baby comes here and claims the video disabling monetization.

What should I do? I don't want to file a dispute as it can get your channel terminated! Should I?

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All it is, is a automaded system that detects music and then it gets claimed on by the rights holder so aslong as you used the content within fair use then you can dispute the claim and it will likely be taken off. dont worry about anything as long as you used the content fairly then theres no reason not to dispute it

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
There's a sticky discussing this very issue.

WishingTikal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
filling a dispute does not terminate your channel. I think they put that up there to scare people from abusing the system. Worse thing that can happen is they will reject the dispute and that's it.