URL Claiming back up!!

ColbzVlogz

YouTube sensation
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just giving everyone a reminder that if you've hit 100 subscribers within the past month and a half the URL claim system has been down AKA you couldn't get a custom URL after the 100 subscriber mark. It's back up for anyone looking to claim their custom URL!

I just did :tongue::tongue:

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well since it's a custom URL thread I feel like it's worth mentioning the tip I always give:

A lot of people have an issue where it won't let them register their exact name and tells them they need to add something to the end. If you go to register your custom URL and it says you have to add some letters/numbers to the end, and if you know your name/URL is already unique as is, you can temporarily change your channel name to a shorter one, and then just add in the rest of the letters of your name when it asks you to add some in.

For example, say your channel name is "JohnSmithTheVlogger" and it tells you to add in some letters/numbers at the end, just change your channel name to "JohnSmithTheVlog", then go to get your custom url, add in "ger" to the end so it gives you the url "JohnSmithTheVlogger". Now change your channel name back to "JohnSmithTheVlogger". You now have both the name and custom URL without having to add in letters/numbers to the end. ^^

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well since it's a custom URL thread I feel like it's worth mentioning the tip I always give:

A lot of people have an issue where it won't let them register their exact name and tells them they need to add something to the end. If you go to register your custom URL and it says you have to add some letters/numbers to the end, and if you know your name/URL is already unique as is, you can temporarily change your channel name to a shorter one, and then just add in the rest of the letters of your name when it asks you to add some in.

For example, say your channel name is "JohnSmithTheVlogger" and it tells you to add in some letters/numbers at the end, just change your channel name to "JohnSmithTheVlog", then go to get your custom url, add in "ger" to the end so it gives you the url "JohnSmithTheVlogger". Now change your channel name back to "JohnSmithTheVlogger". You now have both the name and custom URL without having to add in letters/numbers to the end. ^^

That's a good tip but crazy that it's necessary to do it if the URL is available anyway.

Reactions: ColbzVlogz

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Y
Just giving everyone a reminder that if you've hit 100 subscribers within the past month and a half the URL claim system has been down AKA you couldn't get a custom URL after the 100 subscriber mark. It's back up for anyone looking to claim their custom URL!

I just did :tongue::tongue:
yea noticed yesterday, didn't know what was going on at first

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other

This post needs to be sticky or framed or something!