Uploading Videos More Than Once a Day. Would You?

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like the idea of keeping back a few videos incase you miss a day or for a week you go on holiday, many things could stop you from doing videos so by not releasing every single one you make theres always a lifeline. plus you dont want to make it so much work on yourself that you start to dislike making and editing videos.
Yeah I share this. I like the idea of having multiple videos on a backlog so that you can always have one in case you miss a day.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I did it early in my youtube career, but I realised that it would come a time that my ideas will run out, so now I makes videos whenever I have something to say!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Maybe kids are different, but as a subscriber, it bothers me when I see multiple uploads per day. I like to have a variety of things to watch on YouTube, and if I see the same creator just binge-uploading, I want them to slow down. Again, with kids this is probably not an issue.

Reactions: MCNE

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
From a subscriber stand point I find it really annoying to see more than 1 video a day from someone because I like to see different content on my subscription feed. If it's like, a singer who posts a song, then a vlog, that's a little different, but if it's the same type of content I'm like eh and usually unsubscribe. I totally agree about the saving some content to have in case of burn out or life happening - right now, I have like, 10 things I can post in my backlogs rotfl. I know I dont need that many, but it's nice to just have the cushion just in case. Dunno what I'll do when I run out of said cushion, though XD

I'd say try it, but I really think you're better off promoting your videos after uploading them in 1 day. I feel like you'd avoid burn out, and feeling discouraged if you don't get a lot of views on two videos a day. But that's just what I'd do!

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Honestly said I can not imagine that you are able to create several videos per day and still have high quality content.
But hard to say for us since you didn't show us your videos so far.
However, I have to say tha I am getting very annoyed on channels that I subscribed to and that upload several video per day. I even prefer channels that upload not more often than once per week.
As other already suggested, rather safe your videos for times, where you are not able to create a video.
Or only create one video per day and put even more effort into it.

cadetKei

Hakuna your tatas.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Yea, I presonally couldn't even post once a week, since I like to take a lot of time to make my videos the best they can be. It just seems like a lot of pressure to upload daily, not to mention 2 or 3 times a day. You can't possibly make good content in that amount of time.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me personally I wouldn't upload videos more than once a day unless I was super popular in the future and might release a vlog video and another style one. At this current moment in time, I believe it would saturate my viewers and give them too much so that they would become discouraged from watching

Selim Keles

Nap King
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
with my type of videos i wouldnt do it more then once a day i try to do it like every 2 to 3 days but recently been a tad lazy

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I tend to post multiple videos on weekends because I normally edit multiple videos at a time over the period of a week late at night when the rest of the family is asleep. It is hard to imagine that you could be posting high quality content and have the ability to produce multiple videos from shooting to editing in one single day. For instance, DCTC (a big toy channel out of NC) has a commercial studio with paid professionals that help edit the videos and they were on the news saying that they each work over 12 hours a day to produce a video.

With kid channels I would not worry about multiple uploads per day. Even a channel with a 100,000 or more subscribers get the majority of their views from non-subscribers through suggested video. You may get some older kids to remain loyal to your brand from a subscriber point of view, but the majority of views come from the algorithm of suggested video that obviously factors in channel authority and overall watch time. The kid channel market is over saturated and very difficult to become successful. It is also difficult to understand because a lot of people watch a big channel with millions of views and the content is terrible, the audio is bad, camera focus is bad, and it is pretty much bad content with the exception of a thumbnail that looks nothing like the video. So you think I can do better than that. Well, the problem is those channels are big and they can post a video of them eating a piece of corn and it will outperform your video 99.99% of the time.

For instance, Hobbykidstv has released three videos within the last 22 hours. They have 1.6 million subscribers and some of their videos over a week old have less than 20,000 views. It is obvious their strategy is mass produce at the sacrifice of quality. They live off channel authority and suggested video waiting for the viral hit which they get quite often. I would not be surprised if their average watch time is under a minute, but they have a billion views. Youtube could obviously work it out to penalize this, but obviously they don't. Hobbykidstv is very successful and rich, rich from a monetary standpoint that is.

TheMercenaree

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Normally, I upload a video every Monday and Thursday. So uploading more than once a day right now is just absurd.