Uploading Videos More Than Once a Day. Would You?

MCNE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
He guys! So this has been discussed in forums over the years, but not in a similar context. Many people say to upload with less frequency and focus on quality. I wholeheartedly agree with this with one exception: kids videos. Kids are natural bingers. They don't get subscriber burn and can watch the same videos over and over. They consume new content like the Tasmanian devil. LOL The only way to truly reach them is through suggested video. The traditional methods of reaching them such as promotion and such don't work for them (I don't believe in any promotion of videos, but that is off-topic).

I am a stay-at-home mom to very young children and we LOVE making videos. Recently we find ourselves wanting to make 2 or 3 videos a day, because its a fun playtime. Our videos are high quality and so are our thumbnails. I work on them for hours every evening and make sure they are just as good, if not better(imo) than other channels.

Aside from loving to make videos and edit them (yes, I love that part too) I think it increases the chances of our videos being picked up as a suggested video for a bigger kids youtuber if we post multiple times a day. AM I WRONG? All opinions and thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it's fine if you love doing it but honestly, if your not getting at-least some views I would hold off and upload just one video a day, although if you enjoy it then there's nothing wrong with that. If your a starting channel you might not wanna upload multiple videos a day because it'll get lost behind the newer content and won't get as many views, I let it soak for a day, so I upload one video then wait a day then upload the next day (I'm talking way too much, but yea, do watever you want) =P

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Personally I don't like 2 uploads a day unless there's a special reason for it since I don't have the time to watch that much. Can't speak on behave of younger generation but that's just me :)

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like the idea of keeping back a few videos incase you miss a day or for a week you go on holiday, many things could stop you from doing videos so by not releasing every single one you make theres always a lifeline. plus you dont want to make it so much work on yourself that you start to dislike making and editing videos.

Reactions: TheAlphaJayShow

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I will say if you have a a large following who wants more example of big youtubers then I will say go for it! But if your following is not big enough keep it to one video a day :) that way your subs have time to watch the videos and will want more and can't wait for the next day ^^

Reactions: Painter

TheAlphaJayShow

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like the idea of keeping back a few videos incase you miss a day or for a week you go on holiday, many things could stop you from doing videos so by not releasing every single one you make theres always a lifeline. plus you dont want to make it so much work on yourself that you start to dislike making and editing videos.
Agree 100%. If you have this much time to record, then instead of posting everything you have, post some and save the rest. Sometimes you may not want to record, but since you put this schedule on yourself, you end up halting what may not have been necessarily the best route. Also, if you have this time to upload, (and I'm just taking a guess here), then you should use some of that time to promote your videos. 50 Videos that have 5 views aren't as appealing as 5 videos with 5,000 (assuming you're consistent).

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't imagine being able to upload that often, I can't even upload once a week. :eek: It's awesome that you have the time and resources to do this! I think that extra time might be better invested focusing on promoting your channel, working on graphics, and engaging your fans on other social media (kids love that) to drive up the views on your videos even more. But then again, I don't have experience running a kids channel so if you want to do 2 a day and it works, more power to you! :)

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I would never upload twice a day, I got my studies and assignments, so its not suitable for me. But if you really have that FREE time, then you should definitely upload 2-3 videos a day, but I don't think suggested video idea will help catching the video. Its how you tag your videos, use SEO to rank higher.

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I havent tried multiple times per day. Probably most of us wont be able to vouch for the effectiveness on suggested. But as long as you can keep the quality up you should upload as many times as you want. Sounds pretty tiring to do multiple per day, but if you are able to then more power to you.

Related to that, i do think the more volume of videos you have on certain topics can help you in the suggested. Again i dunno about frequency, but volume helps. So the more the merrier.

Ive seen very successful kid channels who only upload once a week. And there are big channels who post every day or multiple times a day but the quality isnt great and they must be doing it to earn extra money because they are so big they will get views no matter what kind of video they put up. So i wouldnt use them as a reason to post everyday until we start to get guaranteed views like they do. Until then whatever pace you can do to keep your quality up should be cool. Whether it be multiple times a day or once a week.

Reactions: MCNE

MCNE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for all the opinions! I think we will try it out for a week or two and see what happens. I will let you guys know if it works. If, not I will be back to my once a day.