Uploading once a month?

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is more of consideration than me saying i want to upload once a month, but i do short films and they are quite difficult to get out especially because i'm still in school, So i was wondering is it okay for the maximum distance between each upload to be a month i would like to upload more but im just not granted that time its quite sad but i can't do anything about it. I was looking into people following me on social media to keep up on the next vid and i post pics on which stage i'm at...but no one follows me, so that idea has to wait but what do you guys think?

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmmm, just upload as frequently as time allows, which you're doing. You might need to make something centered around popular topics and focus on SEO and promotion. I know from experience that infrequent uploading about things no one seems to care about while also doing a bad job of promoting can kill your channel.

I should also add that being a small channel right now will make it harder to get away with 1 video a month. Maybe you can upload an outtakes video too. Or behind the scenes. I use outtakes from my scripted junk to make a separate video.

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmmm, just upload as frequently as time allows, which you're doing. You might need to make something centered around popular topics and focus on SEO and promotion. I know from experience that infrequent uploading about things no one seems to care about while also doing a bad job of promoting can kill your channel.

I should also add that being a small channel right now will make it harder to get away with 1 video a month. Maybe you can upload an outtakes video too. Or behind the scenes. I use outtakes from my scripted junk to make a separate video.
Do you think it would be okay if I at first did mini short films which would be simple to make then when I'm around a good number of subs like 1,000 hope it happens, then I can put more time into story driven films lengthining them to 5 min and so on (I know it sounds short but a 5 min short film for me takes a while to shoot.)

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh definitely. As long as you aren't cutting corners and whanot and make the best you can out of that type of video, you should be good.

Reactions: Mikes

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh definitely. As long as you aren't cutting corners and whanot and make the best you can out of that type of video, you should be good.
YouTube is hard lol, especially when you have school and only one day to shoot

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
YouTube is hard lol, especially when you have school and only one day to shoot

Definitely. I work full time (and then some) so it sucks. I do gaming but I do some scripted stuff too, and that stuff is hard to get out even once a month. The gaming stuff is easy because I can record a bunch of stuff at once or after work and edit it throughout the week as well. My scripted stuff has dumb special effects and requires set up and whatnot, so it takes longer. My plan is basically to maybe record gaming stuff on the weekends and weeknights, edit it throughout the week, and work on the scripted stuff on weekends until PROFIT.

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely. I work full time (and then some) so it sucks. I do gaming but I do some scripted stuff too, and that stuff is hard to get out even once a month. The gaming stuff is easy because I can record a bunch of stuff at once or after work and edit it throughout the week as well. My scripted stuff has dumb special effects and requires set up and whatnot, so it takes longer. My plan is basically to maybe record gaming stuff on the weekends and weeknights, edit it throughout the week, and work on the scripted stuff on weekends until PROFIT.
That's true wish I could make money on the site doing it but my country isn't monetized...so can't accuse me if doing it for miney, I wish I had more time then I could definitely i couud get a video out a week cause my vids are the length as like a Smosh video so they're quick but I'm doing everything by myself so it's difficult, but such and such is on this site

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It just doesn't allow it where you're at? And my own channel isn't monetized because I'm such a small youtuber right now. It's offputting to people at my stage for some reason.

rivenshell salomon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you think it would be okay if I at first did mini short films which would be simple to make then when I'm around a good number of subs like 1,000 hope it happens, then I can put more time into story driven films lengthining them to 5 min and so on (I know it sounds short but a 5 min short film for me takes a while to shoot.)

To be honest with you with youTUbe, you should always upload as consistent as possible. Try to Film edit and post, within a shorter length, I know It can be hard but, I see the potential of your videos. If you put in the extra work, without a doubt, you will hit 1,000 within weeks.

Live2Reel

Reaction score
Maybe work on making smaller vlog videos in between your main short films. Or you could work on saving up several videos so you can post more frequently without having to constantly have the spare time.