Uploading once a month?

Jetpi99 Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think if it's a video format that requires a lot of work, and your viewers know this, they will be more patient. As other posters have mentioned, some outtakes/vlogs would be a nice filler to keep the viewers updated. Also, you shouldn't rush your main videos, if it's really grade A quality your viewers should be more willing to wait a month again.

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think if it's a video format that requires a lot of work, and your viewers know this, they will be more patient. As other posters have mentioned, some outtakes/vlogs would be a nice filler to keep the viewers updated. Also, you shouldn't rush your main videos, if it's really grade A quality your viewers should be more willing to wait a month again.
I think I will just shorten my short films and as I grow and have loyal subscribers then I will lengthen the videos

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It just doesn't allow it where you're at? And my own channel isn't monetized because I'm such a small youtuber right now. It's offputting to people at my stage for some reason.
Yup they want me to remain broke, and it does especially when your making pennies a video, but most suggest don't look into it because of the money because you gone be disappointed

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe work on making smaller vlog videos in between your main short films. Or you could work on saving up several videos so you can post more frequently without having to constantly have the spare time.
That's what I do sometimes and just edit the videos throughout the week. It takes some juggling if you still want to work on your major projects, but my friend once told me if you want this to become a job, then treat it like one. So I sort of do now.

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The truth is that you should be as consistent and frequent as possible. There are so many channels and competition on YouTube, you should at least be posting once a week. If you are showing up for yourself every week, more people will show up for you.

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
I think its definitly a good idea to make behind-the-scene videos and tutorials on how to make movies. That way you're subscribers will also get more engaged with you and you will rank higher in search results because you upload more.

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Once a month is great if you are not bothered about gaining subscribers, but personally I would not want to stay subbed to someone if they only upload one a month (except if you are colossaliscrazy)

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I'd rather would stay with a channel that does upload inconsistent, but qualtiy stuff than with a channel, that uploads rushed videos every second day. But that is just my point of view , I know it may be more succesful the other way round :)

Alan Spicer YT Tips

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Reporter, Ranter, Comedian
This is more of consideration than me saying i want to upload once a month, but i do short films and they are quite difficult to get out especially because i'm still in school, So i was wondering is it okay for the maximum distance between each upload to be a month i would like to upload more but im just not granted that time its quite sad but i can't do anything about it. I was looking into people following me on social media to keep up on the next vid and i post pics on which stage i'm at...but no one follows me, so that idea has to wait but what do you guys think?
Making short films can be a long process.

Maybe post Behind The Scenes videos as well to pad out the uploads?

Vlogs? A day in the life etc?

Videos about the special effects or storyline? charactor vlogs as in vlogs IN CHARACTOR??