unreel.me questions

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello,

I was looking at unrel.me after seeing it pop uo on this site as a banner.

It says you can integrate your Youtube Channel. Does anyone know if once you do all your YouTube Videos are embedded or if they actually get uploaded directly to unreel.me?

Also, What exactly is the point of having YouTube integrate with this anyway? I'm not seeing the benefit at all. Isn't this a live streaming site? I'm going to guess there will be copyright problems and takedowns so I don't really see the point in creating twice the hassle

GSmaniamsmart

Reaction score
Looks like your own personal video site of some sort? I don't know, seems like a fun thing to try, but how successful and useful it'd be I don't know. It is focused around streaming though.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Looks like your own personal video site of some sort? I don't know, seems like a fun thing to try, but how successful and useful it'd be I don't know. It is focused around streaming though.
Live Streaming? That's what I thought it was but after going to their site it was just playing videos already on YouTube

GSmaniamsmart

Reaction score
Live Streaming? That's what I thought it was but after going to their site it was just playing videos already on YouTube
Oh, whoops, my bad. It's late, I misread :p Their site description is the following:

"Unreel.me is a video streaming platform for creators to launch their own video communities inspired by fans! Content Creators can instantly launch unique, rich..."

So yeah I'm guessing it's like your own little channel, but more like a website? Least that's what I got from the "How It Works" tab.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Oh, whoops, my bad. It's late, I misread :p Their site description is the following:

"Unreel.me is a video streaming platform for creators to launch their own video communities inspired by fans! Content Creators can instantly launch unique, rich..."

So yeah I'm guessing it's like your own little channel, but more like a website? Least that's what I got from the "How It Works" tab.
I already have my own squarespace website so I don't quite see the need for another one. Although it says monetize your videos and make more money but I'm just confused how you monetize them when you already connected them via YouTube.

GSmaniamsmart

Reaction score
I already have my own squarespace website so I don't quite see the need for another one. Although it says monetize your videos and make more money but I'm just confused how you monetize them when you already connected them via YouTube.
Well, there's a about it, if you're curious. Google "How To Monetize Your Videos And Look Great Doing It! Unreel" and you'll see it. Seems more like you're selling your videos.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well, there's a about it, if you're curious. Google "How To Monetize Your Videos And Look Great Doing It! Unreel" and you'll see it. Seems more like you're selling your videos.
So it's a store?

GSmaniamsmart

Reaction score
So it's a store?
Sort of. It's basically only for people who have tons of fans, and have die-hard fans who wouldn't mind paying for videos. Though that still doesn't make sense to me then how it works with YouTube XD

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sort of. It's basically only for people who have tons of fans, and have die-hard fans who wouldn't mind paying for videos. Though that still doesn't make sense to me then how it works with YouTube XD
me neither. LOL Plus YouTube Is getting their own Live Streaming app "Connect" so I don't think there is anyway someone is stopping YouTube Soon.