Understanding YouTube Analytics

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So some help here would be greatly appreciated. Mainly my biggest point of confusion is when does YouTube update their analytics? I don't have many views or whatnot, but I have a couple and very few things seem to be showing up. So are there any beginner tips for understanding how YouTube handles their analytics?

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sometimes it can be a few days behind. You can use the realtime option to see what is currently happening. You can also use traffic sources to see how people are finding your videos.

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The analytics are 48 hours behind. You can always access real time views though.
What is your sample size? It's hard to know how your audience retention is until you get a larger group of people watching.
That being said, looking at traffic sources and specifically at the search results leading to views could be really valuable at any size

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The analytics are 48 hours behind. You can always access real time views though.
What is your sample size? It's hard to know how your audience retention is until you get a larger group of people watching.
That being said, looking at traffic sources and specifically at the search results leading to views could be really valuable at any size
My sample size is super low at the moment, with a total (accepted?) views of 7. But i've only been around for a couple of days, so that's to be expected