Too Boring For YouTube?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
That's generally how I feel yeah. I know a lot and I mean A LOT of people prefer energetic & perky but I prefer to remain grounded. Given the direction I'm going, I do have to be serious about things but I do have my stupid moments & I still do let's plays which are just random & incoherent at times. The thing is, what someone else sees as boring another person might not. I know people in real life who'd find YouTube boring in general just because it isn't hollywood level stuff.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
There is a back magic spell for this problem...script...my favorite one :D

GhostRSA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I feel the same. When I play solo I find it hard to sound energetic or even enthusiastic at all. I tend to think of things to say but never say it or get so immersed that I forget to talk. When playing with others, such as the series I'm doing along with my wife its a lot easier as there is an active interaction between us.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I have felt like that before, but I have improved a lot since 2011.
And the most important thing is that I have lots of fun doing what I do, and it reflects on my videos.

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
I use to think my life was boring for the vlog episodes on my channel. But as i look back at them i realized that it really wasn't that boring. I only have about 7 or 8 as i just really started. It gets me to be more creative and have fun doing it. I also picked up photography to better my comedy vids and it gets me out of the house to go and take picks which leads to a fun vlog kinda. Still needs work a bit. As far as being energetic, Im not over dramatic with it.

omgpaulthompson

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are YouTube channels for everything and I mean everything. Thousands of hours of content are posted every hour, there will always be YouTubers that some people find 'boring' or just not their cup of tea but others will love and fit perfectly for what they like to watch. Look at JackSepticEye as the perfect example - he is bouncy, loud, 'shouty', a lot of people like that but on the flip side a lot of people find it not to their liking. The exact same applies for your personality! If you are passionate about something, Gaming, Vlogging, maybe even model plane making - people will realise you are passionate and warm to your personality as part of that :) It just takes time!

JaxJocular

Reaction score
I feel youtube can also help with presentation skills, no? If you can talk to a large crowd on the internet you can talk to one in real life.

GhostRSA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I feel youtube can also help with presentation skills, no? If you can talk to a large crowd on the internet you can talk to one in real life.
In my case I have no issue talking to people IRL and or in front of crowds. I tend to find feedback from their expressions etc. that aids with what ever it is I'm talking about. But when I play solo and try and record I struggle as I cannot get that "feedback" to keep the conversation flowing. But I'm working on it.

Reo Lazaro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Energy definitely helps, but if your content is meant to be serious, then you can still present it seriously. As you learn more about yourself and your channel you can learn what parts of your video you can increase the energy + add in humour, and also ways to remain serious while still showing enthusiasm for your topic. Good luck!

Hey everyone. So I've basically abandoned YT Talk for a while and my brain made sure to send a friendly reminder my way. So yeah. Has anyone ever felt "too boring" for YouTube? I feel like almost everyone of YouTube is perky all the time haha.

I'm just kidding, but in all seriousness, do you ever feel out of place on YouTube? I'm more serious on YouTube, but I guess that's kinda the point of my channel. Personally I like a good mixture of seriousness and goofiness. Sometimes it just depends on my mood. Your thoughts?