Tips on Creating an Appealing Channel Banner (2014)

ironwolf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Sometimes a simple background with less effects is one of the most appealing :p

Reactions: Legna Zeg

Legna Zeg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
One of the many things that i hate about the new channel designs is that: the maximum file size is 1MB, which is HALF the allowed custom thumbnail size!! I had a pretty cool channel design that was close to 2MB and i tried to put a new design on it and I CAN'T PUT MY OLD DESIGN UP AGAIN!!! Before the youtube channel change last year, i had an AWESOME design and i gradually went to more bland because of the unpersonal youtube design. Now, my channel is SOELY about being creative and following your dreams... now HOW am i going to do this with a bland, grey background?

Sincerely, waiting for the new youtube design 2013! (they make a new one every year it seems!)

Who else agrees? check me out?
I don't understand the new design very well, i mean, i understand it, but it doesn't allow you to do more things, or maybe it's just how it looks, ill try to take advantage of it...

Daniel Hale

Vlogs, Skits, Fun Stuff
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter
Hi, Cool thanks for the cool Tips, Especially how much DPI to have Thanks again. :)

Reactions: Legna Zeg

KatsAlley

Reaction score
I'm fairly new and starting to do my whole logo/background idea now. There's so much concept involved if you want it to be great and eye catching! Thanks for the tips:rolleyes:

EverybodyLovesToby

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
does anyone know how to make the finished background under 1MB without changing it to .jpeg? I'm having a problem with that.

Taraun Lekhi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I uploaded my background it just has my channel name on it. It's a lot of work editing the pictures, so I thought that making a background with pictures would take too long. I have gone for a simple background.

RyanPatrick

Reaction score
Good to share this screen background tips..actually am looking for this to place a screen into my youtube channel...now i can move through your tips..

Taraun Lekhi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I would get photoshop if you don't have it, as using photoshop will be an important for making channel background's.