Tips (for getting over the initial hump)

JoeyCommon41

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

I'm Joe and I have a question for the forum, a question that I guess really has many answers but I would like the community's opinion.

How do you get a channel from no views to views ?

So of course there is the content, then there is tags and being smart with titles and such things, there is Twitter but at the end of the day most people don't want to click on a video that has 7 views because they assume it isn't going to be worth watching. If you don't have many Twitter followers most of whom are only following you for the follow back as well.. It's a tricky one.

so how does one go from this point to becoming noticed ?

Also Merry Christmas to everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

I'm Joe and I have a question for the forum, a question that I guess really has many answers but I would like the community's opinion.

How do you get a channel from no views to views ?

So of course there is the content, then there is tags and being smart with titles and such things, there is Twitter but at the end of the day most people don't want to click on a video that has 7 views because they assume it isn't going to be worth watching. If you don't have many Twitter followers most of whom are only following you for the follow back as well.. It's a tricky one.

so how does one go from this point to becoming noticed ?

Also Merry Christmas to everyone :)

Connect with me :333333333 Twitter- JoePriceT42
Everyone's videos start with 0 views. and then the next 100 comes from family and friends, then they share with their friends, then you start posting on forums relating to your topic, and that might get another 100 casual views, then youtube analytics might start putting your video up on recommended lists and the snowball effect continues.

I have absolutely no clue when it comes to Twitter. I feel youtube promotion is so much easier than Twitter. Have you tried sites like Trinding, Stumbleupon or Google+ communities?

I also have been actively involved in a community related to my channel. For example, my channel is about freediving and marine exploration. I am active on a diving forum called Deeper Blue. People there already share a common interest so its not hard to go and watch the videos.

Those places have been really helpful for me.

All the best and Merry Christmas!

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You could use Reddit, or going to channels similar to yours and make relevant comments to their videos!
There´s a lot of tips and tricks here, so I don´t want to repeat every tip here. You have to just keep at it! I hope you will get the views you want!

Reactions: JoeyCommon41

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Try making video's that are relevant to the particular time you're going to upload. For example... it's christmas time, so upload christmas related video's that are popular at this time of year, like gifts for her/him, diy gifts, christmas unboxing, christmas decor etc. Instagram is great for sharing too, of course you can't share your whole video but getting awareness from there is good enough i think :)

JoeyCommon41

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
T
Try making video's that are relevant to the particular time you're going to upload. For example... it's christmas time, so upload christmas related video's that are popular at this time of year, like gifts for her/him, diy gifts, christmas unboxing, christmas decor etc. Instagram is great for sharing too, of course you can't share your whole video but getting awareness from there is good enough i think :)
Thank you !! :) Actually just done a Christmas Video today[DOUBLEPOST=1514157992,1514157969][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could use Reddit, or going to channels similar to yours and make relevant comments to their videos!
There´s a lot of tips and tricks here, so I don´t want to repeat every tip here. You have to just keep at it! I hope you will get the views you want!
Thank you mate good advice :)

Reactions: Nikki120113

JoeyCommon41

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everyone's videos start with 0 views. and then the next 100 comes from family and friends, then they share with their friends, then you start posting on forums relating to your topic, and that might get another 100 casual views, then youtube analytics might start putting your video up on recommended lists and the snowball effect continues.

I have absolutely no clue when it comes to Twitter. I feel youtube promotion is so much easier than Twitter. Have you tried sites like Trinding, Stumbleupon or Google+ communities?

I also have been actively involved in a community related to my channel. For example, my channel is about freediving and marine exploration. I am active on a diving forum called Deeper Blue. People there already share a common interest so its not hard to go and watch the videos.

Thank you very much mate ! :) I like you videos by the way

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
One thing that i did initially is commenting on videos related or similar to my genre. And the thing about commenting it is not simply just post oh nice vid, good job etc, make meaningful genuine comments. Or if you find interesting questions that are not answered in the comment section of the more larger youtube channels, chip in your ideas :D I hit 100 subs within my 1st month doing it this way.

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As the first guy said, show your channel to friends and family, who will all watch the video regardless of the views, they'll just wanna watch it cause it's from you. Now depending on how many people you show it to, it may just get that video enough exposure where strangers will want to watch it. And wallah! You've got some traction.
I do understand if you're embarrassed about sharing your channel with people you know, but if not, give it a try!

JoeyCommon41

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks everyone ! Merry Christmas and Happy new year :)

SoFloSXS

Reaction score

I appreciate this tip, I've never even thought of doing Google communities. Never even heard of Trinding or stumbleupon both seem really neat.