Thumbnail Title Ideas

Heaven Dancer

Reaction score
Hello,

I am needing advice on a thumbnail title. I am creating a "how to" video on a ballet move called a balancé and how to use it for worship flags (using the dance movement to move around the church). My niche is small and the biggest "competitor" uses the title "Flag Tutorial". That's not really working for me.

BTW, a balancé is a waltz type ballet step that you use to move across the stage (in case you needed to know). I'm teaching the step and then how to use this with worship flags to move across a church podium etc.

I'm looking for something that is semi "click bait" (I hate that word) as people scroll through related thumbnails. I need something that draws their attention. Right now all I have is Flag Training - How to Balancé which I hate.

Ideas?

nastynas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
You just need to have an image of the dance move on the thumbnail with a large sized text of the name of the dance in front of it. Make sure its vibrant and poppy.

Bre

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I would recommend taking a picture of the move as nastynas said. it may be better though to do it in front of a solid background or if your good on Photoshop or gimp, cutting the person from the background. Then your eyes goes directly to the dancer and the move there doing verse something that could be in the background.

Heaven Dancer

Reaction score
Hi! So I've got a photoshop of me doing the move with flags. But I really need a title to also let them know what I'm doing. Ballet dancers know but my niche is mostly people who've had little to no dance experience but want to learn to dance. They probably don't even know how to pronounce Balancé. I keep looking at Sean Cannell, Derral Eves and Tim Schmoyer thumbnails. Their's is always intriguing with their thumbnail titles. They use good graphics but their titles also grab my interest which is what I'm looking for.

What kind of title can I use to tell non dancers that by clicking on my video you will get to learn a ballet move that helps them quit staying stuck in a corner but also do it with a bit of finesse?

Bre

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Maybe just put "How To:" on the thumbnail. This tails me you'll be showing me how to do that specific move. You don't want to put too many words on your thumbnail, there small and that could make it hard to read. So keeping it simple and to the point is helpful!

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would indeed start with How to. People who are looking to learn dance moves always look for these kinds of videos. Personally, I would also describe what the end result of the tutorial would be. Such as:

How to Balancé || Moving across your podium
How to Balancé || Getting out of that podium corner!
How to Balancé || Taking the stage one grand step at a time

These are just wild ideas, but I think it is always good to 'promise' something. Not just say: Flag tutorial, but telling them to 'Move graciously with your flag!' or something like that.
Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Heaven Dancer

Heaven Dancer

Reaction score
I would indeed start with How to. People who are looking to learn dance moves always look for these kinds of videos. Personally, I would also describe what the end result of the tutorial would be. Such as:

How to Balancé || Moving across your podium
How to Balancé || Getting out of that podium corner!
How to Balancé || Taking the stage one grand step at a time

These are just wild ideas, but I think it is always good to 'promise' something. Not just say: Flag tutorial, but telling them to 'Move graciously with your flag!' or something like that.
Hope this helps :)
These are good suggestions! Thank you!

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad