Thumbnail HELP!

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I want to learn to make better, more clickable thumbnails that still tell exactly what my video is about. Can anyone tell me how you make thumbnails? In detail? I really want to learn to do it myself.

Yvelinaa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The thumbnails in your channel look fine (that's my opinion)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I do is take a snapshot of a funny/ entertaining moment of gameplay and with a funny face from my facecam footage in the corner while I'm editing my footage then I take the picture to paint ( Just a basic editor on most computers I think ) and add a quote of something I said or something funny along with the game title and/or part of the game I'm on.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I do is take a snapshot of a funny/ entertaining moment of gameplay and with a funny face from my facecam footage in the corner while I'm editing my footage then I take the picture to paint ( Just a basic editor on most computers I think ) and add a quote of something I said or something funny along with the game title and/or part of the game I'm on.
Thank you!

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I use Adobe Fireworks. I have a file called thumbnail.fw.png which has multiple layers of images. I replace certain layers with other images. Like the very center image is usually the product I am going to review.

I either take a photo of the product, or find a nice high res transparent png image of the product. Then I import the image for the center, add a glow or drop shadow effect to it, change the descriptive thumbnail text and export as a lower quality .jpg so YouTube doesn't complain about the file size being too big.

My thumbnail template is 1920x1080 to get the perfect resolution size.

Yvelinaa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My thumbnail template is 1920x1080 to get the perfect resolution size.
Is 1920x1080 really the appropiate thumbnail size.... For such a small image icon, really? if it is.... Then I've got some brushing up to do

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
@Yvelinaa Helps to keep the image sharp when downsizing it. Maybe you can do a smaller size, whatever works for you.