Thoughts on people politely asking you to check out their channel?

The most funny thing for me is when someone who doesn't know my language says that he enjoyed my video and then asks if I could see his channel.
 
I personally don't like it at all, and it makes me EVEN less likely to check them out, but if a person genuinely watches leaves a great comment or commentary on the video I almost always check it out. It's just spam. I don't consider it "networking" or "reaching out" It's spam XD If they message me privately about collaborating I might take it into consideration, but that's it.
 
Nope, I find you because I am interested in your comment. Not because you ask. It instantly gives me a bad taste in my mouth when people ask, politely or not the main goal is to make a subscriber out of me or gain more views.

Don't ask! Be part of the community and let things happen. And if they don't? Well... Deal with it, don't go around asking people to check out your stuff.
 
Yeah i go and check out there channel if they leave a comment that shows they actually watched my video but it does not mean i will subscribe to them, i will only subscribe to them if i like watching there videos.

And that to me is definitely not so spammy way to get your name out there!! :)
 
Majority of my comments say Sub4Sub? or me like vid check me out! or That is interesting but have you seen my channel?

Normally I would block or delete all these comments but then I would not have any on my channel...
 
I just did that in fact. Someone came by and posted a comment on my video and asked if I'd come look at theirs and "maybe" subscribe if I liked it. I liked it, commented and subbed because 1. I really liked her music video 2. I think I could learn a lot from her channel in terms of how she filmed it. I don't do this myself because I'm just at the beginning stages of my channel and want to wait for my quality to go up. But once that happens, I wouldn't have a problem with that. As long as it's not defined as sub4sub and is polite, I've got no problem with this strategy.[DOUBLEPOST=1448126148,1448125855][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh no, nah-ah.

I really don't care how politely someone asks, them asking me to check out their channel is gonna leave me sour. To me it's like, if I want to check out someone's channel, then I will. People telling/asking me to do so, are just guaranteeing that I'll never check out their channel. And this isn't just restricted to my would-be comments section on my own videos. Just anywhere in general. It's the most annoying s**t ever,
I can understand that. I might also add, this would be better served with basically smaller channels communicating with each other. I would imagine that on a bigger channel, people barely have time to respond to legitimate comments, much less do anything suggested by this thread. I totally get that too.
 
I don't mind if they also leave a comment about the video. It does sour the comment a little though. If the comment is super generic, it does seem a little tasteless though.

I don't think it necessarily is 2-faced, it could be but just because it could be doesn't mean it is automatically. I think that just depends on how much of a pessimist you are and how much you choose to trust people and take what they say as genuine.

Really though, I always check out the channel of anyone that comments on my vids anyways whether they ask me to or not xD. Checking out the channels of people in the comments always seems like the best way to find small YouTubers, just mouse over their name and see if they have videos uploaded or subscribers.
 
Back
Top