Thoughts on people politely asking you to check out their channel?

Most of the comments on my videos are "Hey I saw you on YTtalk, please check out my channel"

I not every "I saw you on YTtalk" comment is like that but I get those comments on the same videos. I rarely get comments so I look at the channels of the commenters because I'm pretty interested in their content.
But I always end up watching one video or just view the channel that's it lol

Except for s4s comments, those get completely ignored :^)
 
I'm sure we all get our fair share of annoying, spammy comments along the lines of "I subbed you please sub me back", but I've also got a couple of comments that say something meaningful about the video, and also ask me to check out their channel if I have the time/want to. In my opinion, these comments aren't spam, since they contribute something meaningful in the comments section, and they're not demanding anything from me, just politely pointing out that they have videos and asking nicely if I'll give them a try. So I will check out the channel of anyone who leaves this type of comment.
I'm just wondering what everyone else's thoughts on these comments are. Do you mind them? Will you check out their channel? Is leaving this type of comment something to be encouraged?
Oh yes I get those often. Sometimes they're legit and sometimes they're not. I think it's just a matter of their intentions. I do mind some of them, though. I don't care to get spammed, nor do I care to actually spam others. I will actually check out their channel, no matter what their intentions were. The problem is that it's really hard to say anything if you don't like what they do. So I generally ignore these comments no matter what, unless I like what they do. I see it as them not being professional about it and I don't deal with people like that. You like my content for what it is or you don't subscribe at all. Simple as that. I mean I love what you do, which is why I'm still subscribed to you. And I don't ever expect a subscription from you either because I don't care about that kind of thing. If you want to subscribe, fine. And if not, fine. You should subscribe to what you like and not be pressured into subscribing to others that you don't even care for, muchless to people that don't even care about you. That's just what I think, though.
 
I agree with you Juzey,
I have only gotten a few comments like this and i have always taken the time to check out others channels and then reply letting them know i have done so. But if see the same person twice leaving the same comment after i have checked their channel and replied back to them i thank them for their support for commenting and just lets them comment until they stop. It seems to work out.
Nice post!
 
If someone messages me directly I will absolutely. I might not respond, depending on how much time I have or whether or not I liked their content, but I'll usually at least see what they're about.

If someone leaves a comment, though, it just strikes me as pitiful spamming. I usually remove that kind of stuff, even if they're being nice.
 
i always get a bit suspicious, i had one recently who left a meaningful comment, and asked me to check out their channel and that i had gained a new sub from her, but i checked and my subs hadn't gone up so I am guessing she was just lying so i ignored the comment ahaha
 
Oh no, nah-ah.

I really don't care how politely someone asks, them asking me to check out their channel is gonna leave me sour. To me it's like, if I want to check out someone's channel, then I will. People telling/asking me to do so, are just guaranteeing that I'll never check out their channel. And this isn't just restricted to my would-be comments section on my own videos. Just anywhere in general. It's the most annoying s**t ever,
Yes, thank you lol. I mean just leave a comment or something when people do that I tend to check out their channel. If I like what I see I will sub I'm not going to sub just kuz. I don't like the ones that post sub for sub we are in this together like dude just comment like a normal person.
 
Last edited:
For me everything depends on the intention behind the request. If you respect someone because he or she does something you admire, and you want their input on something, than that is a perfectly good reason to ask that person to take a look at your channel. In such a case I think it helps to already have some kind of rapport with the other person. Personally I would never ask a total stranger.

Of course there are also people who make these requests simply because they want people to look at their channel, while not being actually interested in the person they ask. Often it is fairly easy to separate the two but it can be annoying if you misjudge.

So in short asking people to look at your channel is totally okay by me, as long as you are genuinely interested in that persons views.
 
Yeah I check out their channel if they leave a comment that shows they actually watched my video. It doesn't mean I'll sub, but I have subbed to some people who have done this in the past. That to me is the not so spammy way to get your name out there :)
 
On occasion, very rarely, I'll allow someone to talk about their channel in my comments. But only if I feel that their channel or video is somehow related to what they commented on in the first place. I refuse to be used as some advertising board.
 
Back
Top