Thoughts on people politely asking you to check out their channel?

If they just ask me and their channel is somewhat related to our (Japan/kids/family) - why not?
But if they put also a link to a YouTube video in the post - that starts to be a little bit too much and I may delete it.
 
If I knew they'd been a subscriber for a while then I would happily. If they just appeared on my video and weren't even a subscriber I wouldn't as I feel like I would have no incentive to.
 
I'm not a fan of spam in the comments of any kind. Unless I say in my video "tell me your channel name in the comments" I don't really want to know.
 
I still consider this as fishing for subscribers.
It's just coated in a nicer paint.

I can see straight through their nicely painted apparence, straight into their dark evil hearts.
 
I don't' get a ton of them, but here's some from the past 10 months:

spamexample.jpg
the worst ones are the ones that copy and paste their message on multiple videos. and the EVEN worse ones, are the ones that address my viewers rather than me. that's just rude.
that bottom one is probably the most polite, but I don't do gaming video's, so it's not of interest to me (it also sounds very copy-paste esque). If someone is learning animation and they legitimately want to ask me for help, or feedback, they can do that, but please comment something relevant to the video first, that's what the comment section is for!
I've helped a few people get started, some that PM'd me rather than just dropping links in the comments of my videos, and I don't mind that.

What do you guys prefer?
"*insert relevant comment about the video* - I've started doing animation too!"
"what a great video of which I'm not going to specify anything about it! by the way i do animation *drops channel links everywhere*"

You don't need to drop your channel link, everyone knows how to click on your username if they want to check you out, you can briefly mention you do similar content, or you tried something like this before etc. but keep 90% of the comment about the video and address the creator not their audience.
 
I don't care how polite they are, it's 2 faced.

I agree.

that bottom one is probably the most polite

For me, she's not polite at all, she's just doing what she hopes it takes for her comment not to get deleted.

Like @TommyTLG said, she's just a bit better than the others at wording it. But she's not interested in your videos or getting feedback. I mean lol at her asking for feedback. She just wants all of your viewers (not just you) to see her spam and check out her channel.

For me, all of those comments are as bad as each other. ^^
 
I agree.



For me, she's not polite at all, she's just doing what she hopes it takes for her comment not to get deleted.

Like @TommyTLG said, she's just a bit better than the others at wording it. But she's not interested in your videos or getting feedback. I mean lol at her asking for feedback. She just wants all of your viewers (not just you) to see her spam and check out her channel.

For me, all of those comments are as bad as each other. ^^
Oh yeah absolutely, not saying it was better, just that the OP was about politeness, and although that was written politely, it reeks of copy/paste and #i didn't watch the video.
sorry if I didn't make that clear, I wasn't saying that comment was good by all means, I agree with everything you said.
 
I've recently restarted my channel and I'm quite shocked how many more spam comments I get compared to 2013. Except now everyone's trying their best to not sound spammy and calls it networking :rolleyes:

However I'm still small so I check out everyone's channels anyway and when I don't sub I still leave a nice comment (only to find out that some sub4sub people don't even reply to comments on their own channel :O_o2:)
 
Back
Top