Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Bombiebru

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry if this is a re post. I tried searching for this but didn't get any results. So here is my questions

What are your thoughts on Collabs? Do they help? How do you know if you should collab with someone? Also should you make sure and only ask for collabs from other you tubers with similar subscribers? Do you need to do Collabs in order to grow? Just would like to know some more experienced you tubers thoughts and opinions.

Thanks in advance!

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think there's really a way to have collabs be bad, subjectively they can be if people did think the Collab wasnt enjoyable but otherwise unless you get in a fight with the other guy they are pretty good haha

I think they can help depending on who you Collab with if you make content with someone who has a lot more subs than you then you may benefit from a few people on their channel checking you out but also you don't have to have someone who is different to you in sub count to make a difference if you are both great together and make amazing content then that in and of itself will bring in views, subs ect...

I don't think sub count should be a massive thing since two people could have equal sub numbers but the audience of both aren't necessarily going to check out the others content if the video they collabed in was crap lol Same goes for someone with high subs and another with low Subs while the guy with low subs may see a larger increase than the bigger guy but if the content is great then you Are likely to draw more people in as a result anyway.

As for how do you know who to Collab with I think it depends how well you get on with them ideally you want to form some kind of friendship otherwise I doubt you will mesh well and that's likely to come off in the video too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bombiebru

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Collabs are a great way to get your name out there and to enjoy a little project with another YouTuber.

ON THE DOWN SIDE

Everyone sucks and 80% of the time either they are just not the right fit and or have nothing to do with your type of videos.

IE: You do makeup and MINECRAFTKID1999 wants to do a collab with you

I'm actually working on a collab right now with someone after FINALLY getting accustomed to it.

It only took me half a year but you know.

Reactions: Bombiebru and Dino

Dino

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I enjoy collaborations, I've met some of my favorite friends from collaborations. However, some collabs are just... Frustrating. For a number of reasons.

Bombiebru

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did a collab with one girl and it was fun ( she reached out to me), but I don't know that I want to do another one until I get more comfortable in myself. I guess I feel like there is a big push to do them but I agree that they need to come a bit naturally as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1462567542,1462567468][/DOUBLEPOST]I am also in a bit of a competitive niche and I feel like its hard to break in and get to know the community with out them acting like I am trying to get something out of their friendship, but I guess there is a reason for that.

Dino

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I did a collab with one girl and it was fun ( she reached out to me), but I don't know that I want to do another one until I get more comfortable in myself. I guess I feel like there is a big push to do them but I agree that they need to come a bit naturally as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1462567542,1462567468][/DOUBLEPOST]I am also in a bit of a competitive niche and I feel like its hard to break in and get to know the community with out them acting like I am trying to get something out of their friendship, but I guess there is a reason for that.
If you don't want to do collaborations right now, you don't have to. It never hurts to work on improving your own content.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've gotten this amazing email once asking for a collab. Behold!:

upload_2016-5-6_11-1-35.png

What's funny is that I searched my comment section for any comments made with that name, and there were none.

And what amazing and relevant channel does this person have that demonstrates how he could "help out my content" and "improve my channel"?
Behold!:

upload_2016-5-6_11-3-45.png

A single video from 3 years ago which is actually just a computer ad he ripped off from somewhere else and uploaded for some reason.

This seriously cracked me up to no end.

I actually do know a person with a ton of subs and we want to collab one day, but we're both too busy with our own lives and independent projects to find the time to plan something out and do it. One day though, maybe we'll both get around to it.

Political Junkie News

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Do it!
I've collaborated once before (my 2nd most viewed ever), and am publishing another this weekend.
It's totally worth it. Make a pair of videos and give each other a cameo or section of each.
You'll grow more in the 24 hours after a legitimate collab than you would expect. It's great.
Look for others in your niche with a decent standard.
I'm convinced that by sending people to each other's companion videos, you increase your watch time enough to boost your video.

You should aim for people with similar sub counts, but don't neglect to make friends with bigger channels as well. You never know.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've gotten this amazing email once asking for a collab. Behold!:

View attachment 35372

What's funny is that I searched my comment section for any comments made with that name, and there were none.

And what amazing and relevant channel does this person have that demonstrates how he could "help out my content" and "improve my channel"?
Behold!:

View attachment 35373

A single video from 3 years ago which is actually just a computer ad he ripped off from somewhere else and uploaded for some reason.

This seriously cracked me up to no end.

I actually do know a person with a ton of subs and we want to collab one day, but we're both too busy with our own lives and independent projects to find the time to plan something out and do it. One day though, maybe we'll both get around to it.

So wait I don't understand are you going to collab with the kid asking or not?

I mean you would benefit from it a lot

Aegislasher

Leader of the GoudaEmpire
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
collabs can be fun, but extremely frustrating if the times don't match up. I found that out the hard way.