Do you like collabs?

• yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

TripleT

Reaction score
I think the whole thing with collabs is to ignore the idea of using it to grow. I think if you find someone you really want to work with go with it. I did a collabo where I was a bad guy person on another channel and I saw a decrease in subs and my comments filled with negativity (I guess I play a good bad guy!). I am still dealing with the fallout of that collabo but if I had to do it again I would. It was great working with another YouTuber and to see how they make their videos.
I'm sure my example isn't going to happen to most people. I'm sure most collabos see growth but it's possible to see a decline or no growth. Do it for creativity!

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am neither yes or no tbf.

I usually watch a channel for the people creating the videos, I trust them to deliver me something I'll enjoy. When I see a new face I usually feel some apprehension about watching but sometimes I have discovered new people.

Reactions: Bombiebru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm always open to collabs so long as the collab benefits both sides in terms of promoting each other's channels. And like Aegislasher said:
collabs can be fun, but extremely frustrating if the times don't match up. I found that out the hard way.
I agree with him on the fact that scheduling can be hard. I'm currently working a part time job on top of my YouTube and scheduling can be very hard, especially the week before, since I don't usually know my schedule for the following week until Thursday. I generally tend to ask my potential collab partners to give me a day's notice so I can prepare myself and reschedule the collab or cancel it if necessary.

Reactions: Bombiebru