• No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

CraftersMagicYT

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well with some people, you can kinda tell they are just collaborating because they want more subscribers, just by some things, with a collaboration I generally try to get to know the person a little first, but collaborations are awesome, with the right people...

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm new to the world of collabs, and have only tried starting a couple, and (I think) succeeded with one. I think the fact that the one I asked two other participants to do with me will work out best (fingers crossed for their videos this week), because we are all involved with cooking, and the discussion we had about it worked out really well.

I did have a couple of people who reached out to me for collab material, which I dutifully shot and sent to them, and so far...nothing. I would love to participate with them (they have fewer subscribers than me, so it's not a case of wanting to grab a huge audience, I just like the community aspect of it), but I won't pester anyone beyond the first reminder email that I need their video segment and would love to see what I shot in their videos. But it's a roll of the dice...nobody owes you anything when it comes to YouTube, so it's not something that I'm going to worry about too much. It wasn't a huge time commitment to shoot inserts for those projects that are still in the air.

Reactions: Bombiebru

MintApocalypse

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Collabs can be be really useful, but they can be really hard to do depending on the content you produce and where you live. I've done a couple collabs with one of my friends before, but technically she's the only person I know who lives sort of near me and does similar content. Long distance collabs are a thing, but they aren't really right for everyone. It's also tough if you like a youtuber and think you might want to collab, but you have radically different content. It's all a balancing act of figuring out what's best for your channel and what you personally want to do.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think collabing is a really good idea and can be super beneficial for both channels. It's a great way to advertise to each other's audiences and gain more viewers and publicity. Even if it's not to gain viewers, you guys can both have a great time and even learn from experience! I don't think there's any stats that another channel should have that is relative to yours before you can collab with them. It's whatever you feel is best :)

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i generally don't like collabs, mainly because i don't like people :)

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sup girl... Sooo ya wanna go back to my place and YouTube n Collab ;)

GameramaTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It can be a good idea in theory, I sometimes watch collaborations with YouTubers who are friends together. But I suppose it depends on the person, I don't like the idea of them purely because I have a fairly rigid plan for what I want from my plans and videos and collaborations/online games with other people would just dilute/confuse everything. Maybe it's to my own downfall.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry if this is a re post. I tried searching for this but didn't get any results. So here is my questions

What are your thoughts on Collabs? Do they help? How do you know if you should collab with someone? Also should you make sure and only ask for collabs from other you tubers with similar subscribers? Do you need to do Collabs in order to grow? Just would like to know some more experienced you tubers thoughts and opinions.

Thanks in advance!
I have not done a collab, but i would not do one without investigating first. Would they offer value to ur channel and o they seem...stable

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well with some people, you can kinda tell they are just collaborating because they want more subscribers, just by some things, with a collaboration I generally try to get to know the person a little first, but collaborations are awesome, with the right people...
I never done a colab mainly because if I did one I would like to do them with someone in real life and I'm kinda living our of range with the people that I would love to do a colab with. Next to that I don't get the: 'this is a colab video, with this person bla bla' and then that's the only thing you see about the whole colab thing... kinda weird to me!

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I mean, on the whole I like collabs, but it is very much dependent on what the collab is about and whether it interests me also. I'd love to do a collab one day but I feel I'm a bit precious about my channel and content so it would have the be the 'right fit' for my channel (I know I'm only on 63 subs so can't really be too precious about my channel but I am, hey ho! lol!)