The Reason I Want To Quit My Job For Youtube

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Why not change your profession to something you enjoy until your yt gets large enough to self sustain? Keep your passion alive if you believe you will get there in time.
I agree with this advice. Maybe look at what you enjoy about the YouTube process and try to find a job/career in that particular field. Maybe go into film making, communications, marketing or whatever. Perhaps there is another way to financial success that has a more predictable path than YouTube.

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would love to support my gaming habit with my gaming habit hahah. If I can get my channel off the ground I would be so happy. Keep it up my friend! Just keep persevering and maybe one day you will be able to just do YouTube!

Reactions: ChaseAndFriends

NotSoMartin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Keep working (even if that means finding another job) until you start to earn enough to support yourself with YouTube. Every video your make, improve it slightly. Invest in another microphone, or buy new channel graphics.

No point giving up a solid career until you have a good income.

TaxOwlbear

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You currently have less than 300 subscribers and get less than ten views on many of your videos. You are nowhere close to having a channel that gives you anything but pocket change, so think hard before you quit your job to do Youtube.

Reactions: NotSoMartin

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank everyone for your opinion but I am leaving my job next year ( I work there 4 years) and I forgot to tell you that I am a twitch streamer too. So I can do both Youtube, Twitch and maybe blogger.

Pedals & Stuff

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thank everyone for your opinion but I am leaving my job next year ( I work there 4 years) and I forgot to tell you that I am a twitch streamer too. So I can do both Youtube, Twitch and maybe blogger.
You obviously can do all these things, but at the moment you're so far from making money from youtube, it's not even funny.
I see you're posting like a madman here on yttalk, trying to be seen but this is not a viable strategy. You have 259 subs, but none of your videos from last month have more than 50 views.
You have to grow your viewer numbers before even thinking about doing youtube for living.

Reactions: TaxOwlbear

Divergence

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Until you get an engaging enough audience, don't quit! Trust me, you want a good stable savings first. As think about it, if you're a gaming channel, eventually you'll need to buy more and more games, vlogging better equipment etc. You'll notice your saving starting to go down as well. Until you're bringing a decent living on YouTube. I've got monetization off at the moment as I want to grow my audience first. I like having loyalty between Subscriber and Creator. I think that's the way it should be! They are your fans so treat them with love and respect. :) Anywho, like I said don't do anything rash just yet. Remember it was a while before Markiplier /Syndicate / Pewdiepie/ Fine Bros etc, could quit their jobs and breathe YouTube.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That is the dream... To quit normal work and live off a hobby that is fun. I mean, sheesh, I wish I could film my thoughts on Fallout Boy/Missy Elliot's rendition of the Ghostbusters theme and rake in billions of views and use that to pay rent.

Youtube is fun, I'll give you that, but honestly the big names are kinda/sorta to blame. If this was strictly just a fun hobby where you just get the satisfaction of people commenting and subscribing, this wouldn't have been a big deal. It's when they start giving you money and you hear stories about how some people even quit their jobs just to live off of what they make by making videos that everyone is suddenly treating Youtube like a big gold rush or some get-quick-rich scheme. If Markiplier and Pewds were making 0 cents just like the rest of us, none of this would have been issue and all of us would strictly have been doing this just for fun and as a hobby.

I mean, I dare any big name Youtuber that says 'it's not for the money, it's for the fun' to click that unmonetize button or unjoin their network and go back to a 9 to 5 while still filming.