The Hate on this Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyhd

Super Poster
I don't consider my channel a gaming channel, nor do I consider myself a gamer when it comes to YouTube. I consider myself an entertainer as I do have videos that have no gameplay in them and The ones in which I do add gameplay as a background have nothing to do with the game. Viewers come to my channel to be entertained and listen to what I have to say and not to watch some gaming lets play. With that being said I have had multiple popular YouTubers (one with 200k, one with 1.4 million) that are not gaming related praise my recent video because it brings a popular YouTube issue to the forefront, while using gameplay as a background for my commentary (I should add most of the gameplay I use are clips from other videos I am using as examples of this issue)

Recently I have seen many people on this forum hate on YouTube "Gamers" simply because they use gameplay in their videos. Just like many of you I do agree that this forum does have many generic lets play channels that use $12 Amazon microphones to commentate over their "New Call of Duty Gameplay" and those are the channels in which I don't find entertaining or interesting, but with that there are many original content creators that use gameplay in their videos for a multitude of reasons.

I use gameplay in my videos so they reach a larger audience, I could sit infront of the camera and talk about the exact same thing with the exact same script and nothing would change except you would be forced to see my beautiful face.

*I USE GAMEPLAY BECAUSE IT IS A GOOD BUSINESS DECISION ON MY PART.*

I have seen many gaming channels that are more entertaining than your average vlog or skit channel not because they use gameplay but because they are more of an entertaining personality. If you enjoy gaming and gaming videos you can enjoy my content if you don't enjoy gaming and/or gaming videos you can STILL enjoy my content. Before you go generalizing every gamer saying they are worthless or unoriginal why not actually watch a few non leafy rip offs or lets play channels for once (I actually enjoy some lets players but let's plays are extremely oversaturated).

That's like me saying I hate your content because I hate Casey Neistat or Jenna marbles (I don't dislike either of them it's just a example)

I understand what you are saying but I'm not A fan of channels that use gaming footage but aren't talking about the game at all. I wouldn't give you any hate though.

I understand what you are saying but I'm not A fan of channels that use gaming footage but aren't talking about the game at all. I wouldn't give you any hate though.
So you only enjoy lets plays, I kind of understand that. I am referring to the people who say they hate channels that use gameplay simply because it's gameplay.

Last edited:
I take a lot of pride in being able to say my content isn't just a standard LP channel. At the same time, keep in mind that a lot of these people are either new to the YouTube scene, or legitimately love lping. Don't bash on em for that.

I take a lot of pride in being able to say my content isn't just a standard LP channel. At the same time, keep in mind that a lot of these people are either new to the YouTube scene, or legitimately love lping. Don't bash on em for that.
Are you talking about me? I never bashed them, and you would see that if you actually read what I put.

Are you talking about me? I never bashed them, and you would see that if you actually read what I put.
That was more of an addition than anything else. I just worded it weirdly. Then again, you did bash on cod channels and call others "Leafy ripoffs" which can be just as bad.

That was more of an addition than anything else. I just worded it weirdly. Then again, you did bash on cod channels and call others "Leafy ripoffs" which can be just as bad.
No. I don't know if you're joking or not but I didn't bash Cod channels I bashed "Generic COD channels with $12 Microphones" and "Leafy Ripoffs". I'm not calling out anyone on being a leafy ripoff but there are many leafy Ripoffs (Shorbie for example).

Leafy Ripoffs = commentary channels that use leafys exact style and his personality

By this I wouldn't consider Pyro a leafy ripoff because he doesn't ripoff his personality, while he does use a very similar style.

No. I don't know if you're joking or not but I didn't bash Cod channels I bashed "Generic COD channels with $12 Microphones" and "Leafy Ripoffs". I'm not calling out anyone on being a leafy ripoff but there are many leafy Ripoffs (Shorbie for example)
How are you going to try and make a post about being against negativity and then bash on channels that might not be able to afford the best mics or does something slightly similarly to another channel?

Your initial idea for this thread is fine, and I agree. Though in making this post you essentially the called people bad and unoriginal ruining any point you had.

How are you going to try and make a post about being against negativity and then bash on channels that might not be able to afford the best mics or does something slightly similarly to another channel?

Your initial idea for this thread is fine, and I agree. Though in making this post you essentially the called people bad and unoriginal ruining any point you had.
Calling someone who blatantly ripsoff another channel "slightly similar" is idiotic. Once again I don't care what type of mic you have but if your content is "Generic" which is what I said you are "Generic".

I don't throw this word around as many YouTubers seem to do nowadays but Leafy Ripoffs are by definition Cancer
"a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate."

They make content that gives others the perception that all YouTube gamers are bad. Therefore they are destructive to the community, if you have an issue with me telling the truth, that is your problem not mine.

Calling someone who blatantly ripsoff another channel "slightly similar" is idiotic. Once again I don't care what type of mic you have but if your content is "Generic" which is what I said you are "Generic".

I don't throw this word around as many YouTubers seem to do nowadays but Leafy Ripoffs are by definition Cancer
"a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate."

They make content that gives others the perception that all YouTube gamers are bad. Therefore they are destructive to the community, if you have an issue with me telling the truth, that is your problem not mine.
lol. Aren't you a special little snowflake.

Really now. First off, Leafy was not the first one to do what is known as a commentary. I've seen plenty of videos before Leafy even got popular do the exact same thing. If you're talking people who look up to him as a source of inspiration that have videos similar to leafy. You're wrong to put them all in that same group. (Granted I'm not a fan of them either.)

People using a popular format that has proven to work to gain attention? That's unheard of!

It happens all the time. The thing that matters is that they do it in a way that is different from Leafy. Whether that be through the topics they cover, personality or both.

Yes. There are blatant ripoffs. I won't deny you that. I'm just saying your post can come off as hypocritical due to the "Points" you've been making.

Stay Pawsitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back