Tell Me About Your Streaming Experience!

Do you live stream and what do you broadcast too?

• Yes, I live stream to Youtube!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes, I live stream to Twitch!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I live stream to both!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No, but I'm interested.

• No, I'm not interested in live streaming.

• Total voters

MechaJake

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Everyone,

So I tried out streaming for the first time on my channel last night and had some surprisingly good results! For my first time, I didn't really think anything would come of it except maybe a couple on and off views with zero comments. I was pleasantly surprised however when I got around 140 views total with about 10 - 15 active users at one time (+ comments :D ).

So I'm here to ask you all. Have you tried live streaming before? How did it fair for your channel? Do you use Twitch as well? Are you a frequent streamer? I want to hear all your experiences :)

Gaamemeisters

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been really wanting to get into livestreaming for a while, as I feel its a good use of my free time while im not making videos. Unfortunatly my internet is really awful and so im not able to at the moment.

I'll be sure to check out your stream next time it happens!

Reactions: MechaJake

MechaJake

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been really wanting to get into livestreaming for a while, as I feel its a good use of my free time while im not making videos. Unfortunatly my internet is really awful and so im not able to at the moment.

I'll be sure to check out your stream next time it happens!
Hopefully you can upgrade your nets soon then. I totally agree with it feeling like a productive use of time. If I'm ever not making videos and just need to chill out....it's like the perfect way to chill and still be putting out content :p

Reactions: Gaamemeisters

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I haven streamed before, not good since gaming is saturated. Might give it a shot when I reach 100k subs or so and people would really want to see me :)

Reactions: Gaamemeisters

Gaamemeisters

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven streamed before, not good since gaming is saturated. Might give it a shot when I reach 100k subs or so and people would really want to see me :)
I checked out your channel and noticed you play Overwatch and Zelda, wanna play OW sometime? o: I need peeps to play with :p[DOUBLEPOST=1494285920,1494285899][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hopefully you can upgrade your nets soon then. I totally agree with it feeling like a productive use of time. If I'm ever not making videos and just need to chill out....it's like the perfect way to chill and still be putting out content :p
Yeah, I hope so too! I'd definetly put a lot of effort and memes into it xD

ZioToons

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I streamed about three days ago and it went alright. We had a peak of 9 viewers at one point, but the highlight of the night was probably gaining two subs in the process, both of which we talked to in the comments of the stream. They were cool guys. I wish I knew how to get more people to watch our streams however, I feel like they're a good way to get an audience.

MechaJake

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I streamed about three days ago and it went alright. We had a peak of 9 viewers at one point, but the highlight of the night was probably gaining two subs in the process, both of which we talked to in the comments of the stream. They were cool guys. I wish I knew how to get more people to watch our streams however, I feel like they're a good way to get an audience.
I feel the same way! I had a bunch of people subscribe during my stream as well. I think it's a really good way to build an audience since you almost form an instant connection with them, and definitely if they join in on the chat!

Btw.....just got my little subscriber gif popup working :p Fun stuff!

ZioToons

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel the same way! I had a bunch of people subscribe during my stream as well. I think it's a really good way to build an audience since you almost form an instant connection with them, and definitely if they join in on the chat!

Btw.....just got my little subscriber gif popup working :p Fun stuff!
Oh yea! I was wondering how to do that, do you have a link to a tutorial maybe? I'd love to be able to do that!

MechaJake

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh yea! I was wondering how to do that, do you have a link to a tutorial maybe? I'd love to be able to do that!
Yeah! It's actually surprisingly easy! I'm using OBS for my actual streaming software but I also needed to download something called Stream Warrior.
http://streamwarrior.jdbar.me/

Stream Warrior is where you can make the actual graphic you want to appear when someone subscribes. You have to donate 5 bucks in order to use gifs and a couple other features, but the free version is probably fine. It's pretty self explanatory but you should also check out this video.

Essentially you just setup the graphic, switch the BG color in stream warrior to something bold that your graphic doesn't use, and then pop into OBS and setup a window capture of Stream Warrior. Then you can just use a color key filter on the window capture and the rest is almost automatic. (The video will explain how it actually reads new subs)

Reactions: ZioToons

ZioToons

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah! It's actually surprisingly easy! I'm using OBS for my actual streaming software but I also needed to download something called Stream Warrior.

Stream Warrior is where you can make the actual graphic you want to appear when someone subscribes. You have to donate 5 bucks in order to use gifs and a couple other features, but the free version is probably fine. It's pretty self explanatory but you should also check out this video.

Essentially you just setup the graphic, switch the BG color in stream warrior to something bold that your graphic doesn't use, and then pop into OBS and setup a window capture of Stream Warrior. Then you can just use a color key filter on the window capture and the rest is almost automatic. (The video will explain how it actually reads new subs)
Thanks man! This is super cool, definitely gonna check it out! Also, your channel is dope, good stuff!