If you add more light to one side, you'll change the contrast ratio. Not sure if that's what you want to do. If you like the contrast ratio, then you either have to increase exposure on your camera or increase lighting everywhere (bright side, shadow side, and background) by the same amount. So if you can increase the exposure in camera, this becomes much easier.
yeah i like the contrast ratio i really dont like when everything is the same brightness, but my lens only stops to 2.8 and my iso is 320 should i bring it up higher??

yeah i like the contrast ratio i really dont like when everything is the same brightness, but my lens only stops to 2.8 and my iso is 320 should i bring it up higher??

Yeah, that's a tough one. Increasing ISO won't help with noise (it'll make it a bit brighter but also make it noisier) so at this point, you either get a faster lens or increase the light in the scene while maintaining the ratios.

Anyhow, it's a great looking shot, got just need to up those exposure values a bit to get rid of that noise.[DOUBLEPOST=1500613192,1500610148][/DOUBLEPOST]
So your saying on the side where this is light add more light but dont overexpose it

If you want to maintain the contrast you'll have to add more light everywhere in equal increments.

Yeah, that's a tough one. Increasing ISO won't help with noise (it'll make it a bit brighter but also make it noisier) so at this point, you either get a faster lens or increase the light in the scene while maintaining the ratios.

Anyhow, it's a great looking shot, got just need to up those exposure values a bit to get rid of that noise.[DOUBLEPOST=1500613192,1500610148][/DOUBLEPOST]

If you want to maintain the contrast you'll have to add more light everywhere in equal increments.
Thanks for your advice it means a lot honestly!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Back