Stoveron

Reaction score
I just do not know how to keep the feeling of wanting to upload. It is as if I want to but I don't do it, because "I'll record tomorrow". I need help sticking to uploading and recording..

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When i was self employed i had the EXACT same problem. If work came in i constantly said ' I will build it tommorow ' but honestly...Tomorrow NEVER comes.

You have to fight that motivation and just do your ABSOLUTE best to keep making good content and promoting yourself and your hard work will pay off.. You will feel better when likes, Comments and subs come in faster :) Keep working hard and soon that lack in motivation will fade and you will enjoy it again :).

If you are lacking motivation from personal / family issues then i suggest taking a break from it to get a clear head. Best of luck to you!

Stoveron

Reaction score
When i was self employed i had the EXACT same problem. If work came in i constantly said ' I will build it tommorow ' but honestly...Tomorrow NEVER comes.

You have to fight that motivation and just do your ABSOLUTE best to keep making good content and promoting yourself and your hard work will pay off.. You will feel better when likes, Comments and subs come in faster :) Keep working hard and soon that lack in motivation will fade and you will enjoy it again :).

If you are lacking motivation from personal / family issues then i suggest taking a break from it to get a clear head. Best of luck to you!
Thank you, man :D

Chubby5544

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just do not know how to keep the feeling of wanting to upload. It is as if I want to but I don't do it, because "I'll record tomorrow". I need help sticking to uploading and recording..
Sounds what like I used to do. I was in the same position with my old youtube channel. I kept putting it off to the point I deleted my channel. DON'T make the same mistake. Just take a break from the site and enjoy life! Do something outside of youtube that you love you do.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I know how difficult it is to stay motivated, especially if you see that the amount of work you put into your videos isn't being thoroughly reciprocated. All I can tell you is that if you truly believe in the work you do, as long as you don't stop, you will be well-rewarded in the end. It was not easy for myself last year around this time. In fact, I was in very similar shoes as yourself. I did want to quit. I decided to take some time off until I finally gathered enough motivation to go back. Once I did, I worked even harder on my videos and did everything I can to get people to see them. Eventually, the reward started catching up to the amount of work I did. In fact, it was only a few weeks ago that I finally felt like it was truly worth it.

If you stay determined and continue to grow as a creator, the payout will be worth it.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whenever you get in a situation like that I advise against pushing trough it. The result is always sub par content that you really could have done a better job with if your heart was in it for 100%. I'd rather not have content for two weeks than slap something together I don't like.

Reactions: TheKingCranee

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy/technique advice forum. ^^

TodaysTuts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I deal with the same thing. I feel motivated most of the time, but every couple weeks I start to feel like it's just never going to work, and my efforts are pointless.
My advice would be to create a plan for how often you'll upload, something that is actually reasonable to you. Don't over work yourself. If you can't do one video a week, promise yourself to do one every two weeks. Or one every month. Just give yourself a little more time to get re-inspired between videos, and don't force it.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Think about why you want to upload videos. If you do it for fun, keep it funand only make a video when you're excited (but don't expect unrealistic results).
If you want to be famous, then research what is required to get there, make a plan and stick to it. It seems you're a gaming channel, it's going to be extremely hard to squeeze in that niche and get an audience, especially if you rarely/irregularly upload.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview