"Streaming" YouTube Vs Twitch

FestusFX

Liking YTtalk
Twitch is really well-known for streaming but you can also stream on your YouTube channel.
But if I want to gain a few subs or something, what is the best place to stream ?
Is twitch easier or YouTube ? If you have some good info plz tell me :)

it depends both are hard to get subs but you have to network and collab ( that's what a streamer told me). If you do that you will grow

Its like asking which is better, promoting on twitter or facebook? Whichever you've got the biggest audience built on, simple.

i use twitch and find it quite easy :)
ive always wanted to go live on youtube, but it doesn't let you practice without just straight up going live.

Twitch has a massive audience, youtube streaming does not, but the only way yout twitch viewers will watch your youtube channel is because they click on a banner below your twitch stream or you tell them to check it out. so it can be a little harder to push the audience to youtube, youtube streaming on the other hand is all integrated, so while you might have a lot less viewers those will more likely check out your youtube content. there is no harm giving both a go and see how you get on

Promoting on both is different.

Most people on Twitch will go to other channels and self promote, or ask the streamer themselves if they can shout out your channel when theirs is done so you can gain the viewers. Their website categorizes the games better and you can stream older games and have a better chance and being seen.

YouTube will be whatever subscribers you currently have. Also the promoting system is more difficult because of the home page of gaming.youtube.com being quite messy and hard to locate the specific game you're looking for. Mostly it's just whatever the newest and most popular games are.

i use twitch and find it quite easy :)
ive always wanted to go live on youtube, but it doesn't let you practice without just straight up going live.
Hmm that's true I think :s[DOUBLEPOST=1467385379,1467385324][/DOUBLEPOST]
Twitch has a massive audience, youtube streaming does not, but the only way yout twitch viewers will watch your youtube channel is because they click on a banner below your twitch stream or you tell them to check it out. so it can be a little harder to push the audience to youtube, youtube streaming on the other hand is all integrated, so while you might have a lot less viewers those will more likely check out your youtube content. there is no harm giving both a go and see how you get on
Thanks , yea I will try both ways[DOUBLEPOST=1467385472][/DOUBLEPOST]
Promoting on both is different.

Most people on Twitch will go to other channels and self promote, or ask the streamer themselves if they can shout out your channel when theirs is done so you can gain the viewers. Their website categorizes the games better and you can stream older games and have a better chance and being seen.

YouTube will be whatever subscribers you currently have. Also the promoting system is more difficult because of the home page of gaming.youtube.com being quite messy and hard to locate the specific game you're looking for. Mostly it's just whatever the newest and most popular games are.
So Twitch is actually easier than YouTube :s[DOUBLEPOST=1467385596][/DOUBLEPOST]
For me it's as simple as this,

All my current audience are on YouTube.
Therefore I stream on YouTube.

Ideally both at the same time though
Yea I know , I think most of my subscribers aren't excited for a stream on twitch , they just check my content for new intro's or for asking an intro. So maybe the best place to stream for me would be on my YouTube channel

I think it all comes down to whether you want to appease to your audience or grow your audience.

Youtube streaming is not well promoted and it will not be easy at all for people to find your stream unless they are subscribed to you. So you will not grow by live streaming, just make some of your subs happier.

Twitch streaming is a completely new audience. Every time you stream there is a good chance you will gain new viewers. Even being at the bottom of the pile will get you some new viewers. This does not make it easy though, you have to work and if you ever want to get big on there you need to schedule. Twitch do not let you partner with them without 500 views at least a stream with you streaming at least 3 times a week. There is exceptions to this rule but for the most part just see it as this.

The fact that it opens up a new audience puts Twitch way ahead for being the better one to stream on. Think of every new viewer as someone who will share your content. You can link your Youtube too and self promote it. There is also far more money on Twitch if you end up getting big at it and far less rules. They are far less picky about the music you have on while doing your thing. You can then edit your video and put it on Youtube or just upload the full live stream to get full effect. It is much more laid back. Also people go on Youtube for edited videos and they go on Twitch for live streaming, you are not really catering to the Youtube audience by streaming on there.

Someone put here it is like promoting on either Facebook or Twitter so just choose whichever one you are bigger on, this is daft, what you do is promote on both.

Back