Streaming Advice - Youtube Gaming or Twitch?

Which is best for live streams?

• YouTube

• Twitch

Results are only viewable after voting.

Owlins

YTtalk Mad
Hi All,

I'm planning doing a stream in a couple of months, but because I don't know much about this subject I'm first looking into the different platforms.

Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of both YT Gaming and Twitch? The only thing I know is that Twitch has been around longer and has some more features at the moment.

Thanks! :)

Hi All,

I'm planning doing a stream in a couple of months, but because I don't know much about this subject I'm first looking into the different platforms.

Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of both YT Gaming and Twitch? The only thing I know is that Twitch has been around longer and has some more features at the moment.

Thanks! :)
Why not both? :D
Just like the meme

I think twitch would be better at this point just because you can see how many people are streaming as well as the games being streamed right now, which IIRC Youtube Streaming does not show you. A little tip I remember reading awhile back, try streaming games that have less than about 100-500 views since that means you won't be up against the big Twitch streamers. All the best! :)

I think twitch would be better at this point just because you can see how many people are streaming as well as the games being streamed right now, which IIRC Youtube Streaming does not show you. A little tip I remember reading awhile back, try streaming games that have less than about 100-500 views since that means you won't be up against the big Twitch streamers. All the best! :)
Thank you! This is actually a serious question and you are the first to anwer seriously :)

Anyway, If that's the only thing Twitch has going for it than that isn't much. I like to think that if I'm streaming on YouTube I'll be able to get maybe a few more subs to my channel as well compared to Twitch. Or am I wrong here?

I would like to know a bit more thouh. Help me people! Serious answers and suggestions please!

As Jake said, Twitch is better for streaming, as on youtube people wont know you are streaming or not, UNLESS you are very popular. On Twitch you got the advantage people go there to watch certain games, so it is easier for you to stream there as you can stream the game you play and viewers can watch you if they search that certain game. I dont think many people go on youtube searching streams.

Thank you! This is actually a serious question and you are the first to anwer seriously :)

Anyway, If that's the only thing Twitch has going for it than that isn't much. I like to think that if I'm streaming on YouTube I'll be able to get maybe a few more subs to my channel as well compared to Twitch. Or am I wrong here?

I would like to know a bit more thouh. Help me people! Serious answers and suggestions please!

As i understand discoverability of streams on YouTube is not as good as Twitch and with the size of your channel it would be best to focus on being discovered first before thinking about how people who watch your streams can sub to your channel. Also consider putting a simple overlay that has your youtube channel in it so people who are interested can visit it. I don't see anyone who is not subbed to you finding out about your streams unless you promote it on social media because youtube has no such search function

As i understand discoverability of streams on YouTube is not as good as Twitch...

On Twitch you got the advantage people go there to watch certain games, so it is easier for you to stream there as you can stream the game you play and viewers can watch you if they search that certain game. I dont think many people go on youtube searching streams.

Why is everyone saying Youtube has no search function? Streaming on youtube is done through gaming.youtube.com these days. I really don't understand that part. Only that Twitch is a bigger and more popular platform. That I do get!

Also consider putting a simple overlay that has your youtube channel in it so people who are interested can visit it. I don't see anyone who is not subbed to you finding out about your streams unless you promote it on social media because youtube has no such search function

That's actually not a bad idea. Although the only thing I heard here so far is Twitch is bigger and I'm having a better chance of being found. Ok, good advice but is that it? What I was saying already. I'm completely new to streaming. I have no idea.

What are the differences with setting up a stream? Uptime or Twitch vs. YT Gaming? Are there any more pros and or cons regarding both?

On Twitch you got a cool looking channel, you can model as you wish, with good graphic/infos, easy to get ppl to support you. And as you can see, everyone is mindset for twitch as is a better/bigger streaming feature over youtube. And why not try both and see how it goes..

On Twitch you got a cool looking channel, you can model as you wish, with good graphic/infos, easy to get ppl to support you. And as you can see, everyone is mindset for twitch as is a better/bigger streaming feature over youtube. And why not try both and see how it goes..
I'm gonna try and figure out both of them for sure. But I'm still getting some mixed messages though. I'll keep on looking and trying what I like best.

Maybe...eventually....I'll stream on both through restream.io or something like that.

Back