Start a new channel or stick to my old one?

miedek

Hi. I was on youtube since the early days, i still use the same account since 2006 or so. I was mostly just watching videos, but i've also been uploading some videos from time to time, some of them even got quite a lot of views. However i haven't been uploading anything for years (though i was still active as a viewer). I have only about 200 subs and most of them are inactive, though i have over 2m in total video views.
I'm looking to start making content again, but i was wondering: does those numbers mean anything? I'm mostly curious about the youtube algorithm. Does it favor old channels with some views and subs on them (even if they are dead), or would it rather promote a fresh channel that starts from zero? Please tell me if you know.

I don't think it matters too much how old your station is. You just need viewers who stick around on your videos for as long as possible, so I'd stick with your existing channel. Might as well take advantage of those viewers/subscribers you already have.

it just depends on your situation i had a ton of old inactive subscribers on my old channel so i wanted to start fresh so my new subscriber count could reflect my views better.

I have been thinking of starting fresh just to monitor my true subcriber count as majority of my subs are also dead (Not literally lol) So it all depends on what you feel will benefit you most (youtube algorithm aside)

Back