Someone Used My video!!!!!!

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was on Facebook when a friend Tagged me in a random beauty video and said what are you doing in this facebook ad lol I checked it out and wow Someone used my video :eeks: The video I did awhile ago I was using a Biore blackhead nose strip review for the first time and I got a lot of views... and whoever stole my video the person is promoting a blackhead nose strip but not the one i used.. They are using my video for a product that I never even used and they have links to it..

They never ask for my permission or anything.. I know Youtube is public and free but if someone uses a video you made and edits it to promote a product that I NEVER used in the video and adds links to buy the product isn't that illegal...

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes, that is infringing your copyright since they are using your content and they are clearly using it to comment on something else, not to comment on you or your video. It is similar to Weird Al using the Gangster Paradise music to comment on the Amish.

Smurfson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah you need to report the video or claim copyright on it immediately. They need to at least credit you first...

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah you need to report the video or claim copyright on it immediately. They need to at least credit you first...
The video is on facebook and I tried to do that but facebook really don't have a option.... ya just don't see the video anymore.. I messaged them but heard nothing back...there facebook page is called Slay Love

Reactions: Smurfson

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Facebook does indeed have a copyright infringement reporting procedure; I know because I've had to use it. If the video is still on there, go to the FB Help section after copying the video URL. There will be a form you can find and fill out.

Reactions: Smurfson

Smurfson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Facebook does indeed have a copyright infringement reporting procedure; I know because I've had to use it. If the video is still on there, go to the FB Help section after copying the video URL. There will be a form you can find and fill out.
Yeah I do recall seeing something about copyrighting on Facebook, but I haven't used facebook enough to know about it haha. I just dont get why people do not credit authors, unless they're using straight up stock footage found at a yard sale from 2000, but even still its good to credit that

Reactions: GooberVlogs

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks I will try to find the steps