Some people just don't have the personality for YT!

Could it be that some people are nervous or putting on a front on youtube, maybe they are bored and just uplaoding for the sake of it?

Seems to me that if you enjoy what you do on youtube, wouldnt that come across on the mic?

I totally agree with you on that but really , some peoples voices could put an insomiac to sleep (Me) XD

Could it be that some people are nervous or putting on a front on youtube, maybe they are bored and just uplaoding for the sake of it?

Seems to me that if you enjoy what you do on youtube, wouldnt that come across on the mic?
I agree, if you enjoy what you are doing you will want to get stuck into it and be more comfortable doing it :)
Its things like that that help you separate the ones in it for fun and the ones in it for fame.

I get what you mean, but that's why some people just need to try harder than others, I mean everyone should work hard if they want to entertain their viewers, but for some people its natural, others need to, not necessarily put on another personality, but just try and plan out more, maybe run it by someone. I personally don't think I fall into either category, I just roll with it until I get something I quite like, no matter how many takes I may need :)
Im lucky because I entertain people when Im even being serious, I dont try hard :)

I agree, if you enjoy what you are doing you will want to get stuck into it and be more comfortable doing it :)
Its things like that that help you separate the ones in it for fun and the ones in it for fame.
Do you really think theres fame to be had still at youtube? Money sure, but fame? never really occured to me till now ..........

Do you really think theres fame to be had still at youtube? Money sure, but fame? never really occured to me till now ..........
Well, with fame comes the money, maybe not for LP'ers, but Vloggers and skit makers have a big chance of going into other things after getting big on YouTube.

Hey People, I am a mod on a website called SUBXCESS (I don't use the sub4sub feature) and on a daily basis people ask me why they don't get more viewers or subs yet they have an amazing gaming set up or great camera. I have to tell them the truth but a lot of them get angry, they don't have the personality for youtube.

By that I mean: A boring voice, No interesting topics, Unfunny jokes etc.
So I want to know your opinions guys and gurlls, do you think that some people no matter how hard they try will not get an audience simply because they dont have the personality?

Thanks for reading.
Yes and no. I don't think there is anyone who truly has NOTHING to offer youtube. But I do think there are people who won't be realistic about what they actually offer youtube. Not everyone is a star, not everyone is going to get a huge return on an audience. But some people provide things no one else can, and will be able to relate to a type of audience no one else can. This audience may grow slowly and never be very large, but to the ones who do subscribe and like it, it will be special to them to be a part of something no one knows about.

As far as let's plays go, I get the feeling many people do let's plays cause they just think it's so easy and they'll do it amazingly when in reality they're quite boring and mundane. Those people are probably not doing what they are actually good at on youtube. But I think there is something ANYONE with the desire to vlog can do and be good at, even if it's as simple as "you have the same paranoia's and fears about life other people do you're just not afraid to talk about it" or things of that nature.

Yes and no. I don't think there is anyone who truly has NOTHING to offer youtube. But I do think there are people who won't be realistic about what they actually offer youtube. Not everyone is a star, not everyone is going to get a huge return on an audience. But some people provide things no one else can, and will be able to relate to a type of audience no one else can. This audience may grow slowly and never be very large, but to the ones who do subscribe and like it, it will be special to them to be a part of something no one knows about.

As far as let's plays go, I get the feeling many people do let's plays cause they just think it's so easy and they'll do it amazingly when in reality they're quite boring and mundane. Those people are probably not doing what they are actually good at on youtube. But I think there is something ANYONE with the desire to vlog can do and be good at, even if it's as simple as "you have the same paranoia's and fears about life other people do you're just not afraid to talk about it" or things of that nature.
I 100% agree with this, I personally think LP's are the thing for me because I've had a strong connection with gaming since I was even 4/5, so its part of my life and something I enjoy and get really enthusiastic with, but for someone else it may just be something to do from time to time, and they can't get into the hard work required.

Back