Some dude recorded me for thier channel...

Techically.. YES! you are allowed to record me! HOWEVER! on youtube ( readin porvacy rules.. one can not just upload a video to youtube without consent.. them having a copy of me themselves is ok.. butputting it on youtube .. is not allowed.. or else the options " invading privacy " wouldnt be there in the flag option.

It's not invading privacy. They didn't hack your webcam. You put yourself in public eye.

I'm pretty sure it all depends on if they are monetizing the video, if someone is profiting off content with people in who haven't given their permission it becomes a problem.

You will see that youtubers such as MTD blur out people's faces from time to time, would he be doing that if it was completely legal ?

indeed.. sometimes he has to reupload videos due to this... however.. monetizing a video or not.. consent needs to be asked first.

indeed.. sometimes he has to reupload videos due to this... however.. monetizing a video or not.. consent needs to be asked first.

Sorry dude, it's your fault. By going on a PUBLIC site with random people from the PUBLIC, you are essential IN public and he can film you if he want's :/ all you can really do is ask him nicely to either edit you out or take it down, if he doesn't there's not legal reason for him to comply... Sorry dude :/

In the UK you are allowed to film anything in public places and upload it to YouTube if you are not monetizing it, if your are all you need is written permission from the council in which you are filming. In the UK it could be arugued that by going on omegle you knowingly put yourself on there giving access to people on a publicly accessible website.

But I'm talking about the UK here and obviously this sort of thing has never been brought up in caught so who knows what the decision would be in a court of law on the matter. So realistically if this guy isn't going to listen you could try and complain about it and flag the video but if he's not listening he's not listening.

Sorry dude, it's your fault. By going on a PUBLIC site with random people from the PUBLIC, you are essential IN public and he can film you if he want's :/ all you can really do is ask him nicely to either edit you out or take it down, if he doesn't there's not legal reason for him to comply... Sorry dude :/

Wrong again, Bob. Yes you are in public, but you can't just record and publicize anyone who is out in public. Just like you can't do that on the street without consent...

I personally wouldn't mind it but if i was doing something embarrassing, then yes i would ask him to do that but yeah on Omegle, you have no rights.

Back