Some dude recorded me for thier channel...

There's really no "law" on the internet... And that has to be one of the worst analogies I have ever seen....

There still is a law about privacy, just because you use a site doesn't mean that people can spread that picture all over the internet. I think the best thing he can do is just flag the video for privacy reasons.

Taken from Omegle's "Privacy Policy" read the last sentence...
860fd8916147285cb6b91788ba39f40c.png

Doesn't say you can't either.

I think in that case we can use the privacy law.
Sharing text is different than putting your face online.
Yes you can record it for own purpose. Maybe watch it back later, or show in family group, but puting it on the internet is against some law I think.
Also I already hate the uploader for doing this without asking. Hope those people will be kicked of youtube.

I'm pretty sure it all depends on if they are monetizing the video, if someone is profiting off content with people in who haven't given their permission it becomes a problem.

You will see that youtubers such as MTD blur out people's faces from time to time, would he be doing that if it was completely legal ?

Techically.. YES! you are allowed to record me! HOWEVER! on youtube ( readin porvacy rules.. one can not just upload a video to youtube without consent.. them having a copy of me themselves is ok.. butputting it on youtube .. is not allowed.. or else the options " invading privacy " wouldnt be there in the flag option.

I personly donthave a problem that he uploaded me.. like im not making a fuzz about it.. but i asked him to remove it.. as its still my face... and people remember me quickly..

He said he wont remove it.. so i gave him 2 options...

Put a link to my channel to say who i am.. or i flag your video.. for privacy reasons...

Did i do the right thing?

:*
If you were on Omegle, he can do whatever he wants. You were on Omegle, openly admitting that you didn't care who saw your face. Sorry :/

Back