So! Do I Suck?

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Hey, guys! I've never done this before, so apologies if it doesn't translate so well.
It's probably going to sound really attention-seeking and needy but I don't mean to!
I hope I followed the rules okay. ;-; If I messed up, please let me know!

• I've had this channel since May 2015, and in July 2015 I decided to go down the educational comedy route. I've learned a lot in that time about editing, timing, scripting, lighting, not trying too hard, etc.
  • So! I'd like to know what you guys think of my channel in general, in any detail you can, please! Here are some questions I'd really like answered; you're under no obligation to do them all.
  • Is my channel art alright? Should I try something a little different? I do plan on updating it at some point, but if you have any ideas, then please do throw them my way!
  • Are my videos attention-grabbing? Do they interest you?
  • Do I need better titles or thumbnails? I am still working on those, but any help is greatly appreciated!
  • How do I come across in my videos? Am I annoying? Interesting? Funny? Still trying too hard? What's up with that hair? Man, her face is weird.
I really enjoy making videos and I acknowledge that I am beginner when it comes to video blogging, scripting, editing and anything to do with YouTube in general. Apart from fangirling. I'm pretty good at that. <shame.jpeg>

Thank you in advance!

Hi! I have already seen some of your videos and truly liked them! You definitely have a way about you that works for YouTube.

To answer your questions...
• Is my channel art alright? - I think your channel logo works great because it really stands out and is easily readable. However, your banner could use some work. The current design works fine on Desktops and laptops, but tablets and mobile gets completely cut off. Try a design that works across all devices. It may take some fiddling to get just right, but your channel will be much more appealing that way.

• Are my videos attention-grabbing? - Yes! They are witty, have good editing and you get straight to the point.

• Do I need better titles or thumbnails - Your thumbnails are bad, although they could use a little work. Maybe try using something that will give yourself a little branding. Find a style and use that style for all your thumbnails. Your titles seem ok for now, but that all really depends on the SEO you are trying to do for each one.

• How do I come across in my videos - You are SO annoying!!! Quit YouTube now! lol Seriously though, you are funny and entertaining at the same time.

Just keep on doing what your doing and try little tweaks here and there to really dial in your own style and branding to your videos :)

Hi! I have already seen some of your videos and truly liked them! You definitely have a way about you that works for YouTube.

To answer your questions...
• Is my channel art alright? - I think your channel logo works great because it really stands out and is easily readable. However, your banner could use some work. The current design works fine on Desktops and laptops, but tablets and mobile gets completely cut off. Try a design that works across all devices. It may take some fiddling to get just right, but your channel will be much more appealing that way.

• Are my videos attention-grabbing? - Yes! They are witty, have good editing and you get straight to the point.

• Do I need better titles or thumbnails - Your thumbnails are bad, although they could use a little work. Maybe try using something that will give yourself a little branding. Find a style and use that style for all your thumbnails. Your titles seem ok for now, but that all really depends on the SEO you are trying to do for each one.

• How do I come across in my videos - You are SO annoying!!! Quit YouTube now! lol Seriously though, you are funny and entertaining at the same time.

Just keep on doing what your doing and try little tweaks here and there to really dial in your own style and branding to your videos :)

Thanks, man! I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my work.

Yeah, the banner is something I definitely plan on updating, once I have a clearer idea of what I want it to say. As for SEO, I'm still figuring out how that all works, although I'm sure I'll get there!

Thank you for the kind words! I'm really glad you think I'm suited to YouTube as I love doing it. I can't imagine not being creative in some shape or form - plus I'm as stubborn as they come - so, I'm not stopping any time soon!

Back