"Share This" Annotations?

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi everyone. I want my viewers to be able to click the share link on my end-card. Now I have permanently trouble adding a link to the annotations that executes a share. Any idea how to get around it?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can link sharing to an annotation. Youtube limits what links you can put on your annotations. You can link it to another video, playlist, channel, Google+, subscribe or your associated website, merchandises once you complete the process.

I would also suggest you put links to your social media in your descriptions, like you did for your Facebook. Don't just put "@AndrejBachtin," people are lazy. Put the complete link to your twitter so people just have to click it.

Last edited:

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This sucks. It would be so awesome if people could share it. But ok. Thanks for the idea, will definitely try it :D

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This sucks. It would be so awesome if people could share it. But ok. Thanks for the idea, will definitely try it :D
I did look at your end-card and many top Youtubers do the same, that is putting non-clickable social media images. This is hopefully enough to remind them to go to your descriptions and find you in those platforms. Of course asking them in the actual video and telling them what value following you on those platforms would provide them would probably work best.

Reactions: and_the-teddy_bach

A Bari

Reaction score
Is channel terminated if I share my video in google + inside the community and twitter?

Dave B

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can link sharing to an annotation. Youtube limits what links you can put on your annotations. You can link it to another video, playlist, channel, Google+, subscribe or your associated website, merchandises once you complete the process.

I would also suggest you put links to your social media in your descriptions, like you did for your Facebook. Don't just put "@AndrejBachtin," people are lazy. Put the complete link to your twitter so people just have to click it.
I wouldn't recommend doing this in certain situations. I believe that if you have reached a certain size and have considerable income coming from AdSense, you do not want to do anything that can actively hurt your watch time on YouTube's platform. Therefore, in my opinion, providing full links to external sites in your description will raise some flags on YouTube's algorithm side of things (Session Ends) and may lead to less watch time on your channel aver all.

Although, if you are targeting a niche very well and can provide great value on different platforms then maybe this is a strategy to pursue. I would also ensure that if you are trying this way then your AdSense revenue is not your only income.

Also, as with anything you try with YouTube, test it out and see if it has any effect in your Analytics.

Personally, I put in links that have to be copy and pasted into a separate tab/window. I believe this way does not hurt your watch time.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: A Bari

A Bari

Reaction score
Thanks for you valuable reply. It'll help me a lot. I have posted my old video for creating a ne channel is there any chances to ban my Chanel again? Thanks. Afsana