Self promotion

ohlucio

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

How do you promote yourselves and your channel when you don't have much views and subscribers?
I tried to share my videos to Google plus, Facebook and Twitter, but it does not work well because I don't have enough followers in my social network.
I am wondering how did you do this to start?

Reactions: TheVlogTheory

Tritega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Try Reddit, ask your friends to share your video. Be consistent :)

Reactions: ohlucio

ohlucio

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
:redface::redface::redface: Thanks a lot. I have never thought of it before.

Reactions: Tritega

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just be careful with Reddit though! The users there can be ruthless if they feel wronged! Or when they feel that you spam your videos.
So I can recommend using Reddit as any other forum, comment and earn their trust before posting your videos! When you do so, they will be more tolerant of seeing your videos!

Kate (Caitlin)

I make videos on the internet...I guess?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
Twitter - Using Hashtags can help promote the video, as well as tagging the game's creators because sometimes (more if they're an indie dev) they'll retweet you and push your video to their twitter followers as well.
Reddit - This one a little tricky, the reason I say this is because the Reddit community is not ALWAYS the nicest one that you can partake in. There are a few subreddits for promoting videos and channels, but I wouldn't really suggest it unless you're okay with possibly getting hate.
YTTalk - This forum is super good for promoting your videos; you have to buy the video forum access first, but this can be done with the cash you earn just from posting.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Everyone else already tackled just about everything I was going to say. xD
The only one left that I'd add would be word of mouth. Promote while you're out. If you're talking with your friends tell them about your videos and get them curious enough to check it out. Or if you are out shopping and happen to engage in conversation with somebody. Just talking with people on a weekly basis could do a lot more then you think. =]

Then once you get your channel going there is always collaborations to help bring traffic to your channel too. Which is something you could look forward to once you find someone with a similar passion who wants to grow just as you do. =] Good luck!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

How do you promote yourselves and your channel when you don't have much views and subscribers?
I tried to share my videos to Google plus, Facebook and Twitter, but it does not work well because I don't have enough followers in my social network.
I am wondering how did you do this to start?
I'm using Twitter and I say to all my new followers to take a look to my channel. I also use reddit, sharee, and other youtube forums. Try it and tell me if it worked

Ernie Jo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I literally don't stop talking about my videos. And getting other people involved helps a lot, because if your friend Jo is in the video then a bunch of Jo's friends/family may watch it, who otherwise wouldn't.