Self promotion

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Make building your social media platforms a priority. I had a small following on Instagram before I started my channel, which helped a lot. Be very engaging with the community, share, like, comment other people's content. I haven't had much luck myself, but bookmarking sites like Stumbleupon can be beneficial. Make sure you are using Google Plus communities and Facebook groups to share your videos.

Devin Legaspi

Reaction score
I'm using Twitter and I say to all my new followers to take a look to my channel. I also use reddit, sharee, and other youtube forums. Try it and tell me if it worked
What is Sharee?? I have never heard of it before[DOUBLEPOST=1498217049,1498216921][/DOUBLEPOST]
Make building your social media platforms a priority. I had a small following on Instagram before I started my channel, which helped a lot. Be very engaging with the community, share, like, comment other people's content. I haven't had much luck myself, but bookmarking sites like Stumbleupon can be beneficial. Make sure you are using Google Plus communities and Facebook groups to share your videos.
Google plus is very miss and hit even people with a big following don't seem to the interaction with community

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've tried some forums and discord promotions but I slightly promote reddit, however try to engage with others in forums discords facebook groups and reddit.

Gediphoto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Also don't forget about SEO. Youtube is owned by Google and if you've noticed - YT videos are often on top of the search results. So if you have those possibilities - try a smart title and description that people search for!

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
The one thing I have seen with SEO's @Gediphoto is there is this plugin called Tubebuddy and when ever I put my tags in i get like this green number thing. I guess does that help you get notice?

Gediphoto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The one thing I have seen with SEO's @Gediphoto is there is this plugin called Tubebuddy and when ever I put my tags in i get like this green number thing. I guess does that help you get notice?
Tubebuddy is great for keyword searching, so yes. But also no. I work with IT and SEO (Google optimization) is one of my expertise. I've noticed that Google has started prioritizing whole sentences in a specific order so, I don't see why Youtube search should work differently, since it's probably the same algorithms behind the results.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm 100% correct, but (as all Google "experts"), I can make a qualified guess!

For the brave ones - do try and let us know if it works! (I don't have a frame of reference, so I cannot know if it works for me)

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay well thank you this is useful advice. I tried tubebuddy but im told that their is some sort of payment for preimum upgrade too.

Reactions: Gediphoto

Gabriel54

Reaction score
Honestly - the most traffic we get comes from networking and building a good twitter / facebook / instagram / ect account. Dumping your videos on these sights brings almost zero traffic. I know - because I do it and have been for 2 years. Almost all our views come from our own run channels where we spent many days talking, interacting, and just being a human being to people. Checking out other peoples channels and talking to them.

Reactions: Gediphoto

voteforthegirls

Ava Zinn
Reaction score
Website
voteforthegirls.avazinn.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
What is Sharee?? I have never heard of it before[DOUBLEPOST=1498217049,1498216921][/DOUBLEPOST]
Google plus is very miss and hit even people with a big following don't seem to the interaction with community
We tried everything we could think of even running ads on Facebook and Google. So far no luck. We really need some help like there's no tomorrow. We're a site and YouTube channel that promotes votes for female contestants.

Additionally, we have sent our moderators to forums like idolforums and Survivor Sucks yet on FanForum, not as successful.