Screen Recording

Christiney92

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Does anyone know of a good software (preferably cheap - FREE even more preferably!!) that does screen recording?

At the moment I'm using Quicktime to record my Let's Play stuff etc - but it's kinda crappy because it records in 60 frames per second. If anyone knows a way I can change it to 25 frames per second that would be awesome - but if not just a suggestion for another screen recording software :)

I use a Mac by the way :)

Thank you so much everyone :)

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OBS Is free and I think that does pretty well.

I dunno if xsplit can do offline but on online it runs pretty well :p

Reactions: Christiney92

TranquilGeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have an nvidia card so I use geforce experience (share beta) for screen capture and on the occasion I stream to twitch. But as GrgakGames mentioned, Obs works just fine. But if you're new to it, you might want to download version 0.652b because most of the tutorials are for that version and earlier. Then once you've got the hang of it, you can upgrade to the new version that has an overhauled interface. With obs, you can type in the number you want as your frame rate by the way.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i use free windows software ( HyperCam 2 )
i it very good one
you can find it in softonic

Christiney92

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thank you for all of your suggestions peeps! I will research into all of them :) you rock!

TranquilGeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm having a lot of trouble with obs. I can't even seem to record a video to my computer without it dropping multiple frames, much less be able to stream with it. I've watched a ton of videos on how to set it up but it's just not working for me. I was interested in streaming to youtube, which Envidea Experience won't do currently. I know I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.