ScaleLab or Union for Gamers?

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm in a dilemma between choosing one. The tax issue with UfG hasn't been clarified yet and ScaleLab has got back to me on the application.

However SL is only offering 70/30 after a rep messaged via email (contrary to their 80% in their T&C) and I'm unsure if they still have VidIQ while UfG offers 90/10 without TubeBuddy/VidIQ.

The plugin is important, but I'm not comfortable with the revenue share. Any suggestions or advice you guys could share?

Johnny Kag

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, I do not have personal experience of the UfG, but I will tell you what.

Before I start this channel, I was active in the Greek Youtube community, and thus have a lot of friends there.

A friend of mine is running a Greek gaming channel called KarpouziFetaGaming himself and both of us together are running a Phone Prank channel in Greek as well, called MuteNowCalls.

His gaming channel is partnered with UfG aka. Curse, and the Prank channel is partnered with Wukh, which is a subnetwork of ScaleLabs. From what I hear, UfG is the top gaming network, really good support and VERY high CPM, even though the channel is in Greek, and Greek ads are generally cheaper than non-Greek ones, thus lower CPM.

The other channel, partnered with ScaleLabs is the one that I own as well and have access to. It has so far made around 10$ with 75.000 views total, which is low even for the Greek standards I think. Apart from that, ScaleLabs has a great control panel and support.

What I am saying is that apart from the revenue share, CPM is also very important and it can differ from network to network. Also take into consideration the other perks that each network offers.

My opinion: Go with UfG, even if they do not accept you now, wait until they do.

Good luck mate!

Reactions: UserU

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Before I start this channel, I was active in the Greek Youtube community, and thus have a lot of friends there.

A friend of mine is running a Greek gaming channel called KarpouziFetaGaming himself and both of us together are running a Phone Prank channel in Greek as well, called MuteNowCalls.

His gaming channel is partnered with UfG aka. Curse, and the Prank channel is partnered with Wukh, which is a subnetwork of ScaleLabs. From what I hear, UfG is the top gaming network, really good support and VERY high CPM, even though the channel is in Greek, and Greek ads are generally cheaper than non-Greek ones, thus lower CPM.

The other channel, partnered with ScaleLabs is the one that I own as well and have access to. It has so far made around 10$ with 75.000 views total, which is low even for the Greek standards I think. Apart from that, ScaleLabs has a great control panel and support.

What I am saying is that apart from the revenue share, CPM is also very important and it can differ from network to network. Also take into consideration the other perks that each network offers.

My opinion: Go with UfG, even if they do not accept you now, wait until they do.

Good luck mate!

Good luck mate!
Thanks for the insight, Johnny!

I'll give UfG until tomorrow, as it's been several days since I last heard from them.

Meanwhile for the ScaleLab, the rep still insisted on a 70/30 despite the T&C stating otherwise so most likely I'd reject them.

Although the analytic tools (particularly vidIQ) are my utmost focus, looks like CPM still matters once your channel grows exponentially.

Therefore I'll go with Union.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
neither, none, no, 0, zero

in other words, don't join one

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
neither, none, no, 0, zero

in other words, don't join one
Could you elaborate?

I've been using Adsense since day one, but I could make use of some audio subscriptions provided by UfG and see if there are some improvements from another perspective.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
http://bakerbrothertv.com/2015/03/29/should-i-join-a-youtube-network-mcn-multi-channel/
http://tubechum.com/5-reasons-not-to-join-an-mcn-on-youtube/
https://suchageekblog.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/should-or-shouldnt-you-join-a-youtube-mcn/
http://www.jessaboutaverage.com/2014/05/why-you-shouldnt-join-youtube-network.html

just a few articles to give you something to think about

MCN's do not get you a better CPM.
MCN's offer you a dashboard. - yeah its called youtube analytics
MCN's offer you a free music library. - http://yttalk.com/threads/royalty-free-music-sites.107883/
MCN's often promote your videos on their site. - do you know who see's these videos? other creators that couldn't give less of a sh*t
MCN's can help you get collaborations. - there is these things called twitter and email. they work really well when you want to talk to someone

MCN's are in my opinion a scam, basically an idea to get free money from people desperate to grow on youtube with false advertising, and just plain made up BS

but Loki most of the biggest youtubers in the world are part of a network. well. firstly, more and more are leaving. and secondly, if your a BIG youtube, i guarantee the split is much different to what we get. in fact sometimes its 100/0 and sometimes these networks will be the ones paying the youtubers!. because they use said youtubers to advertise how good there network is to us little guys. well if pewdiepie is in this network, it must be good right?

not having a go at you at all, its great that your asking the question instead of blindly joining a network. just dig a little deeper, peek behind the curtain and you will see a big pile of horse sh*t

if i wasn't clear, networks are bad mmmmkay :)

also to be more specific about your Query, you know its really bad to have long unskippable ads in your videos right. well if you sign up to a network, you have no control over that anymore and most networks have everything turned on. even the painful long ads that have been the death of many a channel