Review: Would like channel branding and SEO feedback

TheOmegaOni

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, anyone reading this! I would like a channel review and some feedback. I feel like I'm doing a great job,
but nothing is really happening.

I would like my channel's thumbnails, art/branding etc. reviewed, as well as a review of if I have my
SEO set up well. Thanks!

TeraVex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer, Reviewer
The commentary and videos are fun and enjoyable, the humor is right down my alley! I think you just gotta keep making videos and maybe do some different games of different genres as well. Art is superb and pretty eye catching! Watching your most recent video the most I was hooked and I am now a new sub! Keep up the great work!

Reactions: TheOmegaOni

TheOmegaOni

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The commentary and videos are fun and enjoyable, the humor is right down my alley! I think you just gotta keep making videos and maybe do some different games of different genres as well. Art is superb and pretty eye catching! Watching your most recent video the most I was hooked and I am now a new sub! Keep up the great work!
Aw, thanks man, I really appreciate it! As for different games and genres, I'm experimenting with Rocket League soon because I had picked it up a few days ago because a considerable amount of friends had it. Thanks for the feedback and sub!

MudanTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Seems pretty good, you have a nice mic setup and videos have good thumbnails but there are a lot like it. Right now I'm guessing you should find something that separates you from the rest because there are a lot of gamers that use the same kind of thumbnails and commentate over gameplay. Unless you happen to get a shoutout from someone big, it might take a while to raise up.

TheOmegaOni

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Seems pretty good, you have a nice mic setup and videos have good thumbnails but there are a lot like it. Right now I'm guessing you should find something that separates you from the rest because there are a lot of gamers that use the same kind of thumbnails and commentate over gameplay. Unless you happen to get a shoutout from someone big, it might take a while to raise up.
Yeah, I kinda figured that as much. Problem is, I'm not really sure what I can do differently. There are so many people doing the same things, there's barely any originality anymore. I need to try and step out of my comfort zone and do something new, but I'm not exactly sure where to start. I'm a creative mind, but it seems to be blocked. I enjoy doing my type of content and thumbnails and such, however, I know I need to start changing it up.

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Omega!

You have a really good recording voice. I watched your "DON'T SUB4SUB! It Will Ruin Your Channel" video, and enjoyed it thoroughly. The gameplay was really fun to watch, and you have a really enthusiastic voice that compliments the video nicely. You talk passionately about your video's subjects (at least in the video I watched!), which always helps to engage an audience and stay connected to them. You had a really interesting music choice in this particular video, I think it's Synthwave? - It's quite soothing, and compliments the pitch of your voice nicely. The little remarks and comical injections are very welcome, the whole stuff about "Make YouTube Great Again" is a great addition of topical banter xD.

Also, I REALLY like your channel branding. The colours are really bright and engaging, and the cartoonish graphics/text designs are really appealing too. I personally also follow this type of cartoonish graphics design, so appreciate it a whole lot more.

I feel as though your channel focuses on real-life issues, personal topics and highlight reels more than gameplay & discussion about gaming - would that be right? It works for your audience, but you might want to engage more into the gaming world if you want to develop and grow as a gaming channel.

My advice is to continue producing content that proves to work; your subscriber and view count is clearly rising, so just keep doing what you're doing, and keep your finger on the gaming industry's pulse, and you should continue to grow at increasing speeds! Best of luck to you! =]

Baylze

TheOmegaOni

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Omega!

You have a really good recording voice. I watched your "DON'T SUB4SUB! It Will Ruin Your Channel" video, and enjoyed it thoroughly. The gameplay was really fun to watch, and you have a really enthusiastic voice that compliments the video nicely. You talk passionately about your video's subjects (at least in the video I watched!), which always helps to engage an audience and stay connected to them. You had a really interesting music choice in this particular video, I think it's Synthwave? - It's quite soothing, and compliments the pitch of your voice nicely. The little remarks and comical injections are very welcome, the whole stuff about "Make YouTube Great Again" is a great addition of topical banter xD.

Also, I REALLY like your channel branding. The colours are really bright and engaging, and the cartoonish graphics/text designs are really appealing too. I personally also follow this type of cartoonish graphics design, so appreciate it a whole lot more.

I feel as though your channel focuses on real-life issues, personal topics and highlight reels more than gameplay & discussion about gaming - would that be right? It works for your audience, but you might want to engage more into the gaming world if you want to develop and grow as a gaming channel.

My advice is to continue producing content that proves to work; your subscriber and view count is clearly rising, so just keep doing what you're doing, and keep your finger on the gaming industry's pulse, and you should continue to grow at increasing speeds! Best of luck to you! =]

Baylze
Oh man, you don't know how much I appreciate your feedback and review on my channel. Yes, you are correct about the music choice, it is synthwave. I enjoy a lot of retro-electric sounding music, like chiptune, synthwave/pop, future funk, and chill/vibe lo-fi trap.

I looovee editing the funny moments highlight reels and such the most, but I also really enjoy doing the commentaries and discussions because they give me the option of expressing an actual personality of who I am instead of just some goofy teen who plays PC games with his friends and memes, which I'm not saying isn't me either, but showing that I have a chill, more relaxed side as well as a fun, spontaneous side.

I don't really like doing just strictly full gameplay videos or gaming discussions, as I've tried them out in the past and they didn't turn out as well. They didn't fit my style at the time, but that was back before I was just getting comfortable with actually talking about things and using humor in commentaries. Since then, my editing style and workflow, equipment I use, and my personality has sparked. And by personality sparking, I mean coming out of my shell and actually expressing myself, instead of seeming like some stiff anxious drone. So I could most likely get back into doing those. :)

Thank you for the advice! I'm keeping the hard work up as much as I can, and trying my best!

Shawn Gossman

Reaction score
as well as a review of if I have my
SEO set up well.
SEO is tough subject especially when it comes to video marketing.

Content is king and will always be but you need to get your "link juice" out there as well. I always recommend to have a blog or website of sorts (a blog is best, really) to accompany your channel. Create articles/posts related to your channel's niche whether it is unique content or even transcripts of your videos. Social media optimization also helps. Create various social profiles and keep active on them even if you need to use a software that will automate the process such as scheduling updates for each one on an all-in-one environment. A blog as well as social profiles will also allow you to link more people to your videos.

Getting links out there to your stuff is also important. And when you get links, its better to have them in content that is related rather than a single text link advertisement or something like that. For example, some other bloggers makes a blog about a game and mentions a video on your channel that shows gameplay. That sort of link will go a longer way than a standard link on someone's blogroll or something like that.