Review my first Christmas special?

Dragonstar89

Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
Hello and Happy Holidays!

Hope your holiday has been good this year. I've wanted to get a Christmas special made since I just started youtube again in August. My channel is a mix of whatever seems like fun to make and produce, usually crass lets plays and some stupid skit stuff.

I did a lets play video and a more scripted and structured movie reaction, and I would love it if you would check it out and let me know what you think! Feedback is appreciated.

I already know;
-I need better lighting
-Camera
-Mics

Those are my biggest quips that I have but its a matter of money and I already plan on acquiring better filming equipment. I'm looking for comments on how the video is structured and the writing too. Thanks in advance for checking it out and happy holidays!! LINK BELOW:

THIS IS THE DUMBEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE!

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
- I wouldn't worry about lightning, yet, can use home lights/lamps/windows
- agree with camera, but cellphones/inexpensive cameras can do a great job ----- have you researched any cameras yet?
- sound quality can be a big factor, lav mic is perfect for talk videos, built-in camera/phone mics can pick up lots of echo indoors or too much ambient outdoors

Video is long, it's a movie review/critique? Good edit & structure :up2:
In future, you can try positioning camera closer to show more of yourself & other important objects like the tree while decreasing the amount of unimportant background information, like the white wall. Tripod is another good item to get, either regular or even a small one with flexible legs so no one has to hold the camera.

Last edited:

Dragonstar89

Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
Thanks for your feedback! Definitely planning on getting some lav mics for these things, and looking into a hd camera with viewfinder and a tripod as well. Wanting to go all out on my original content and live action stuff. Thanks for taking time out of your day to check it out! :)