Razz_

Made you look didn't eye #gottem
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So the title kinda speaks for it self, but I'm really wondering if I should use Reddit to help grow my channel because a lot of ppl even in YTtalk have been doing it but I've hard a lot of things like you get trolls and stuff like that so I'm kinda confused and the website is hard enough to use so plz let me know what your 2 cents are thanks guys love the support from y'all

MeowCaptain

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Most of my growth has been coming from Reddit (and from being everywhere in the comments). However, my channel is dedicated to a specific niche (indie game), so I don't know if it would apply to you.

Check if there are a lot of people posting in the subreddit relevant to your video. Then check if someone has already posted the same sort of video as you.

JackAttackGame

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The problem with Reddit is that the people on there HATE self-promotion with a passion. They don't come to the specific subreddit so they can see people spamming their videos and such. Reddit really is a two-edged sword: on one side it can definitely help gain some attention to your videos but on the other side if it isn't really good content they will downvote and bash your video. The best way to promote on reddit is to be part of the community you're looking to promote in and to make sure that the video you're going to to promote is worth their time, it has to stand out for people to be interested in it.

Razz_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The problem with Reddit is that the people on there HATE self-promotion with a passion. They don't come to the specific subreddit so they can see people spamming their videos and such. Reddit really is a two-edged sword: on one side it can definitely help gain some attention to your videos but on the other side if it isn't really good content they will downvote and bash your video. The best way to promote on reddit is to be part of the community you're looking to promote in and to make sure that the video you're going to to promote is worth their time, it has to stand out for people to be interested in it.

Mm I see it's dangerous waters with a lotta money in the middle. Do you think it's neccisary to use it or like something everyone should try to be on Reddit ?

RATTLED

I'm the one who knocks.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use reddit aside from YouTube anyway, because it's fascinating. Therefore, when I incorporated YouTube promotion into reddit, it was beneficial to me. I think if you want to use reddit for promotion, be active there and get to know people and be sure to comment on and create topics not just related to your youtube, but other things too.

Reactions: Razz_

Razz_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I use reddit aside from YouTube anyway, because it's fascinating. Therefore, when I incorporated YouTube promotion into reddit, it was beneficial to me. I think if you want to use reddit for promotion, be active there and get to know people and be sure to comment on and create topics not just related to your youtube, but other things too.
Alright I see more community so get to know ppl there and then probably way later maybe share one of your videos?

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd advise you to register to reddit and just use it for a week or so before you actually decide whether you want to use it to promote your channel or not, I'd suggest subreddits like 1.Youtubers (you show them your vids and they can give you advice on how to improve, also some of them can subscribe) 2. LetsPlayVideos (this subreddit pretty much is self-explanatory) and other subbredits that is focused around your type of content. good luck!

Razz_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'd advise you to register to reddit and just use it for a week or so before you actually decide whether you want to use it to promote your channel or not, I'd suggest subreddits like 1.Youtubers (you show them your vids and they can give you advice on how to improve, also some of them can subscribe) 2. LetsPlayVideos (this subreddit pretty much is self-explanatory) and other subbredits that is focused around your type of content. good luck!
Alright I'll try it out and best wishes to you and your channel too

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Make sure to try one subreddit per video at a time though so that you can identify which one works for you. I had pretty bad audience retention for some.