Xenogenetics

Hi everyone,

I make videos about cosplay so I need to be able to talk in my videos to explain what I'm doing. The issue is that my neighbours are demons from the fiery pits of hell. They play loud music, sit in their garden shouting at each other because they don't know how to talk at a normal volume, and have a dog that won't stop barking all day. They don't work so it's like this all day. There's no room in the house that I can't hear them in, believe me I've checked :p I've tried waiting until they've shut up to record but by then it's too dark and I can't afford any decent lighting that would allow me to record in the night.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a mic that could reduce a LOT of background noise in my videos? At the moment I'm just using the mic on my camera (Fujifilm X-A2) and it picks up EEEVERYTHING.

I Mean I have a blue snowball and I have younger siblings so what I did was turned it all the way down so it only picks up so little things so I need to be right next to it for it to hear me (How do I do this?) I used voicemeeter it also helps your mic sound better! I hope I helped

I feel your pain. That's pretty annoying particularly if it's every single day. Aside from the YouTube thing, that would drive me nuts.

For the mic, you'll need a cardioid condenser microphone. The "cardioid" option basically makes it unidirectional and it'll only pick up sounds close to it from one direction (you) - It's the sort of mic that radio presenters and voice actors use. I personally use a "samson go mic" which has this option and is quite cheap. It might not be the most practical to physically install and hold in place though. Check out some reviews for it. There are also plenty of other options of cardioid microphones.

I am by no means an expert on audio, so hopefully some of the other members will help you out too. Good luck.

You'll need a directional mic to fix that issue. :) Shot gun microphones are great for this (search RODE video mics) but I worry that it will still pick up some background from your neighbors.

If you REALLY wanna eliminate background noise, invest in a lavalier. Those are the mics that clip to your shirt and pick up only you talking. I hope this helped. :)

Thank you for the help, everyone! I'll start researching microphones and hopefully I'll be able to afford one once my wage comes in!

Thank you for the help, everyone! I'll start researching microphones and hopefully I'll be able to afford one once my wage comes in!
No problem also I recommend not paying the full price for some microphones because people sell them on ebay for far cheaper and there new too.

Back