Recording software: How to record 2 seperate instances?

Alakeram

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
NOTE: I have attempted to search this forum for something similar but could not find one, if you know of one that answers this question please let me know!

Hey guys! I currently use OBS Studio, i love it because I can have my audio clips separated so I can mess with the different volumes (game voice) within my editor (I use Adobe Premiere CC Pro) I tried recording 2 seperate instances (one facecam one gameplay) Using OBS and I guess it doesn't work that great, lost some footage of a couple games I played because one of them would freeze and start and vice versa.

So my question is:

What is a good recording software that would let me record my facecam and gameplay as SEPERATE clips?

Currently Using:

Sno ball microphone
Logitech HD 1080p webcam (wideangle lense one)
adobe premiere CC pro
Photoshop (for thumbs)
OBS Studio

PS: I also did the same thing with the old style OBS running 2 seperate instances of OBS to record my facecam on one and gameplay on another, but I would like a recording program that does 1080P and records separate instances of video being recorded

And if theres an option for this within OBS Studio PLEASE! let me know! i love the program for recording but this is kinda annoying that i can't record 2 separate video files :(

lrduffy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I use OBS to record my gameplay, Photo Booth to record my face and Audacity to record my commentary, so everything is recorded at the same time but using 3 separate programs. I then just sync everything up in my editor and place my facecam wherever I want, depending on the game.

I know you asked for one program that could do both but I thought I'd just share what I do in case you hadn't thought about it :)